Suggestion of GPS units.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my mother wants to get me a GPS device and had offered to pay for the factory in dash do-dah but i'd rather have a portable one becuase sometimes I take trips in girlfriends pick-up. Also since I have an aftermarket headunit in my wrangler I'll be moving it to my KJ.

So anybody have experience w/ Garmin and Tom Tom's?
Any other suggestions?

dnm45227

Reaction score
For Christmas I got my wife a usb gps receiver for her lap top. It has the voice prompts and mapping software included. I thought about the samller units, but when you think about it, if you need to look up a route it helps to see it "full size". The smaller units are more portable, but the laptop sets on the passenger's seat ok, and if someone is in the seat they can help navigate. I think it was the garmin gps 18 usb receiver, got it at target for $99.

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Garmin 2620. The screen is a nice size, and all the maps are installed on its internal harddrive.

csvencer

Reaction score
I have been using the Garmin C330 for about 8 months now and love it. It is extremely easy to use and has a nice size screen. The 26xx series are also really nice, they have a few more bells and whistles but cost you more. I think the 330 is your best bet though, it is just so damn easy to use. You turn it on and it just asks you "Where do you want to go" or "Look at map."

-Svence

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
csvencer, what's the stuff in the "open me first" package? While I was home monday my mother and i checked a group of gps out and bought a c330. I figured i'd try it out for what i do and visibility interface and such but left that package alone so it could be returned if needed. I lioke it so far but it's only been a day and was curios what goodies were in it. I'm guessing the USB cable registration info and maybe magic beans. \:D/

gotgigaflops

Reaction score
In the bag are two crack rocks, a pencil sharpener and two old Cannon lenses.

O yea I forgot , some music that has been recorded before 1970 so you would probably not like it. \:D/

You cant put that libby in your sig yet, You are just a TJ owner for now. When I see your KJ then you can add it.

GoldBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a call from the salesman a day or so ago and he told me it will be in around March 24. I have clearlystated it's on order :p

Oh and i opened that bag to find out the damn CD included is for PC's only not mac's and the garmin site is hard to navigate around. #-o

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GoldBug said:
I got a call from the salesman a day or so ago and he told me it will be in around March 24. I have clearlystated it's on order :p
Oh, I thought you had the Lib with the ****** and were waiting for the V6 to come in (biggrin)

Latest posts

Members online