Subs Messing Up BCM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItsAJeepThingMyDude

Reaction score
I put 10in subs in my jeep liberty yesterday, year 2007. Not long after, the BMC goes out. No bright lights, No DRL's, no remote lock and unlock doors. No power to the high beam fuse or anything. could my subs have messed something up?

ItsAJeepThingMyDude

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it was that, because the engine starts and everything. I checked all the fuses and they were all positive.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never wire to anything but the battery for power for subs
Throw in an inline fuse and you'll have your own circuit for them and not have to pull power from something else that needs it
Also, the battery (if good) will supply the correct/continuous power you need for the subs, and everything else, to work properly
If you have a high draw from your subs, consider a small second battery just for them and then you wouldn't have to worry about anything flickering or going out

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think it was that, because the engine starts and everything. I checked all the fuses and they were all positive.

Well, not "and everything...". With the IOD fuse removed, or blown, the engine will still start. Check it or don't, it's up to you. But I'd consider it.

I also concur with the others, tapping into an existing fuse block for power to subs is a bad idea, if that's what you've done.

Clearly something went wrong during your install; the subwoofers themselves are not going to blow your BCM unless you wired them into something you shouldn't have.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well if you thought it was that, you wouldn't be here asking what went wrong..
Re-run your cables, check your iod fuse.
Positive from battery to amplifier with an inline fuse.
ground from amp to battery(many will ground it to the trunk floor, but this can cause a "ground loop" in many vehicles due to the high resistance in unibodies in the vehicle chassis) Run the positive down one side of the car, negative down the other.
RCA's from HU to amplifier (run down the side with the negative cable) keeps from distorting frequencies.
REM from HU to amp
Wiring from amp to subs

Latest posts

Members online