stumped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back ground info.

Trans cooler failed causing trans to implode. Shop rebuilt trans, thought cooler was good. Guess not cause trans imploded again. also noted that CEL was on for a failed o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1. Shop rebuilds trans agin, trans good no issues. Now have CEL for cyls 2,4,6 misfire. Happens at idle and when you back off the throttle goin down the hwy. This also causes the Torque Converter to unlock and not relock up.

ANY thoughts, ideas, clues or what nots. It has to be common to that bank of cyls. Shop still has the Libby and looking...

Is bank1 cyls 2,4,6 or 1,3,5

I miss the Libby and want it back. Its gettin cold outside and wet. Bikes and ice dont exactly get along with each other...

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong
Bank 1 sensor 1 would be cylinder 1-3-5 cylinder 1 which is first cylinder on the driver side.

Getting cold outside :p I see that temp during day is around 10 celcius in Arkansas ;) got close to -20 here the other day :)

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold is relative.

I grew up in Minnesota, fond memories of having snowball fights in shorts and t-shirts at 33 degrees

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have the jeep at this point. Trans shop does. This is something that has popped up since they have had it. The trans, in the last three weeks, has been in and out three times. When I talked to him on friday, no mention of this when he test drove it. Had issue with trans to fix. Yesterday is when he told me what was up. After a long test drive.

I need it back, but I aint taking it back till... Since he has had it, I now have a bad o2 sensor and now this massive misfire issue. I have not had a CEL pop in the past two years. Then it was for a misfire on #5 and fresh plugs was the fix.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont have the jeep at this point. Trans shop does. This is something that has popped up since they have had it. The trans, in the last three weeks, has been in and out three times. When I talked to him on friday, no mention of this when he test drove it. Had issue with trans to fix. Yesterday is when he told me what was up. After a long test drive.

I need it back, but I aint taking it back till... Since he has had it, I now have a bad o2 sensor and now this massive misfire issue. I have not had a CEL pop in the past two years. Then it was for a misfire on #5 and fresh plugs was the fix.

Ohhh gotcha. I thought you had your kj back. The trans shop should fix it if it happend while hey had the vehicle. I could see them trying to give you the run around though, do you trust this mechanic to fix the damage

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not getting the run around as of yet.

I do know he is getting very frustrated though.

Yes, I trust this shop. Very good reputation and has had such for a very long time. He has not tried to hand it off to me.

Last edited:

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea if it's even close to possible but could the craped transmission broke an injection valve? Desynchronyse or anything? I dunno.

Loki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here goes..

Another bad Torque Converter. Jeep fixed no CEL codes.

Senario is the Trans computer triggered "limp home" mode. Told the Engine computer to "not hurt" itself. Thus the cutting out some spark.

Dunno for sure, cause the books do not tell you what happens when it goes into "limp home" mode.

Latest posts

Members online