Stuck in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 05 liberty that won’t seem to come out of 4wd. Used it in 4wd lo last week to pull out some bushes. Comes out of 4lo but doesn’t seem to go into 2wd. Real hard turning on pavement. Any ideas.

The gov

Reaction score
I have a 05 liberty that won’t seem to come out of 4wd. Used it in 4wd lo last week to pull out some bushes. Comes out of 4lo but doesn’t seem to go into 2wd. Real hard turning on pavement. Any ideas.
Sounds like a cable issue, maybe try manually shifting the transfer case by hand without the cable attached, I had issues with the shifter itself being out, can you place it in neutral? before you go under and start playing with the linkage please chock the wheels and be on a flat surface! remember the transfer shifter has a sideways gate to move from low to high that might be the case if it's binding up. sometimes backing up slowly while changing ranges helps to free the transfer case as well, I normally just shift on the fly between 2 and 4 high but normally place my transmission in neutral for a shit between 4 high and 4 low as I coast slowly forward. hope you can get it fixed up.

Yetiboy01

Reaction score
If you've driven it on hard surface the driveline will bind up & you wont be able to take it out of 4wd, try jacking one wheel off the ground to take the pressure off the driveline & see if that works

Latest posts

Members online