Strut Spacer Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mawald

Reaction score
Where I live they only sell the spacer lifts. And I sure need a few more inches of air under the KJ when driving in a sea of sand. So my question is if there are anything positive about spacer lifts.

One happy Swedish KJ owner in the Middle East

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, my stealership actually reccommended the spacer lift from Rusty's for me. But I beleive that was due to the fact that he wanted to install it for me (yeah right, like I am going to let him do that) and he didn't want to/ couldn't install the full coil kit. I don't know that there is anything "wrong" with them, unless they harm the ball joints or there are cv boot issues. But having not had a spacer lift before and having decided on the full lift from Rusty's when I can afford it, I am not in a position to comment with any authority. But if its the only lift you can get, then I might take a chance....maybe someone else here has actual experience with one :-k

Shpotty

Reaction score
Set me straight

I was on the Daystar website looking at their spacer lifts. They said that the spacer goes on top of the strut and does not affect the coil spring but when you click on the instruction sheet, it shows the spacer going under the spring on the bottom of the strut. Am I missing something or are the instructions not right?

SDLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the Daystar website looking at their spacer lifts. They said that the spacer goes on top of the strut and does not affect the coil spring but when you click on the instruction sheet, it shows the spacer going under the spring on the bottom of the strut. Am I missing something or are the instructions not right?

Look in the KJ lift Kit Discussion The Sticky is called (Liberty Kit FAQS) This will help with almost every question you might have regaurding lift kits. (The Good Ones) Yes the Daystar Lift is a spacer lift the rides UNDER the coil. Not a OTT. (blarg)

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the KJ lift Kit Discussion The Sticky is called (Liberty Kit FAQS) This will help with almost every question you might have regaurding lift kits. (The Good Ones) Yes the Daystar Lift is a spacer lift the rides UNDER the coil. Not a OTT. (blarg)

I just put the Daystar kit on mine 2 weeks ago. You get a new top mounting plate, not spacer, and then also a spacer that goes on the bottom.