stock tire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeRecruit84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just recently purchased a liberty renegade and I guess the previous owner really liked the factory tires. Well they're pretty much brand new and previous owners stated the that the jeep never had problems going through snow or what not. However after reading many posts about the wrangler sra tires and looking at reviews I'm abit concerned about these tires.

Now I ship out for Basic Training in a week and don't want the woman to be harms way but I'm alittle worried. Am I overlooking this or do I have reason to be concerned?

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First order of business - Thank You for being willing to put YOURSELF in harm's way as you head off to basic training. I thank you! :patriot:

Second order of business - replace those tires so your woman doesn't have to deal with crappy traction over the winter.

Bob

Jaber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to you in your journey in the military.

Others pretty much summed it up pretty well. If you have the money for a new set, buy something better and see if you can sell the SRA's on Craigslist for a decent buck. That's my plan to get rid of these POS Goodyear Integrity's I have.

Some people think tires are tires and just that. But they don't realize what the real differences/advantages/disadvantages are between All-Season, Summer Tires, Winter Tires, All Terrain, etc. Only thing that matters is COST. But in the end, an accident could cost over thousands of dollars and time wasted in courts/insurance.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there's a bunch of fellers runnin the treadwrights some with the MTR style tread some with the BFG AT style - that being said, Nokian vatiiva AT's are a pimp tire for a stock size tire that will get you in and out of the nasty stuff and still be great on the street in the summer and won't break the pocket either

hard to go wrong with either of those choices - there's a lot of good AT's out there for fairly cheap