Stock take offs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slims

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for new model take offs. I have a 01 Chevy with 2010 17's. I like the look of older vehicles with the newer stylish rims.

Two questions.
1. Which stock rims do you think would look good on your jeep?
2. Which rims actually fit our jeeps without adapters?

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJ rubicon moabs....period

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rim size stock are 5 x 4.5 7 inches wide, standard 16, optional 17. For a breif period I think there are 7.5 in the 17 inch option.

Center bore is 71.5 mm, offset on 7 inch rim is ~43 mm. or 5.5 inches backspacing.

With a real 3+ inch lift 7 inch wide 4 inches backspacing, or 8 inches wide 5 inches backspacing work (moab rubicon takeoffs pre 2006 as seen above).

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TJ rubicon moabs....period

You must be registered for see images attach

What lift are you running? And did you install your self? If not was it expensive for the install? Reason I ask is I have an 03 limited edition (stock everything ) nothing has swapped as far as I know?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lift are you running? And did you install your self? If not was it expensive for the install? Reason I ask is I have an 03 limited edition (stock everything ) nothing has swapped as far as I know?
You must be registered for see images

Im running ironman diesel springs with bilstein shocks. I installed it myself. Im 21 1/2 inches hub height with custom bumper and xrc8 winch. The ride is amazingly amazing.

Look around 350-400 for install, thats what they charge local. Its easy enough to do yourself.

Last edited:

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difficultly level? I'm pretty new to suspension work and hear IFS is a pain! Would you recommend I try the install myself?

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a write up.... http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f202/how-install-frankenlift-*lots-pictures*-complete-29193/

But I loosen all the nuts (ubj, tie rod, sway bar end link, clevis nuts top and bottom) then give the spindle a good wack with a hammer to loosen the bj from the spindle assembly.

Take out the old "strut assembly" and have a shop replace the spring and shock.

The rear I didn't use a spring compressor, just jacked one side of the axle up and slid the old one out.

The KJ is the easiest lift ive done by far. My first KJ lift took around 5 hours or so. But I work slow and study it all. Best ting to do is read read read on here and then take a look at yours and gather a plan of attack. Plan on two days and have another vehicle to drive to a shop for strut assembly (or have JBA assemble them)

Last edited:

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also feel free to ask questions and you can pm me and I can walk you thru it if im off work. Plenty of help on here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After doing lifts for over 40 years the KJ is one of the very easiest there is out there. A lot of people who take 5-8-12 hours are just making it ******* themselves . I've removed my lift, installed another one, took it for a drive, came back and swapped everything back out for something different in the same day ( all during daylight hours)

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear end took me 20 minutes. Front took me 6-7 hours because everything was so rusty it was hard to break loose. I ended up snapping bolts and needing to go get new sway bar links as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Rhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome thanks everyone for your input. I will do my research, and see what fits my fancy.

allterrainkj

Reaction score
Im running ironman diesel springs with bilstein shocks. I installed it myself. Im 21 1/2 inches hub height with custom bumper and xrc8 winch. The ride is amazingly amazing.

Look around 350-400 for install, thats what they charge local. Its easy enough to do yourself.

What made you choose Bilstein in the rear as opposed to Ironman all the way around?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.