Stock Struts/ Rusty's .75 poly spacer - Will I have UBJ issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking no, but if I put on the Rusty’s .75” poly lift with a 3/8” clevis on my stock struts will the UBJ and spring be close to contacting one another? I would assume not as the 2.5” puck lifts seem to be at the critical point where some hit and some don’t. I’d think this 1.125”-1.50” lift wouldn’t be too close.

Also, I wouldn’t think this .75” spacer would really affect ride quality too much, would you? I’m figuring that the stock struts were designed for that in the pre-lowered KJ’s (unless they redesigned the struts for the later ‘02+ units).

Opinions?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking no, but if I put on the Rusty’s .75” poly lift with a 3/8” clevis on my stock struts will the UBJ and spring be close to contacting one another? I would assume not as the 2.5” puck lifts seem to be at the critical point where some hit and some don’t. I’d think this 1.125”-1.50” lift wouldn’t be too close.

Also, I wouldn’t think this .75” spacer would really affect ride quality too much, would you? I’m figuring that the stock struts were designed for that in the pre-lowered KJ’s (unless they redesigned the struts for the later ‘02+ units).

Opinions?
That combo will net you 2.25" of lift.just remember that since the front strut/coil is mounted in the middle of the LCA and length increase in the strut/coil assembly will net you 2x that #,so 3/8" clevis lift will actually gain you 3/4" lift,the .75" poly spacer will gain you 1.5" of lift.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhhh....so, maybe I'll nix the clevis and just install the spacer? I figured it'd lift a little more than the "advertised" numbers, I didn't think it'd be that much. At most I figured 1" for the puck and .5" for the clevis so I'd be at 1.5".

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I just went out and lifted the front of the KJ by 1" using a jack (measured via the front pinch weld). I think it looks darn good like that. A spacer or so on the rear and it should be looking great.

So, any major issues with the strut or the balljoint hitting the coil with this small of lift?