Stock RBQ Radio Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an 06 Renegade with the RBQ 6-Disc CD changer. I have a few questions.

1. I do not want to replace the head unit since it is a 6 disc and it looks nice but I have to have a IPOD/MP3 out and from what I have found it is not possible with this head unit. Is this correct? Or is there a way or a kit to do it?

2. If there is no way to do it then I will have to change it out. My question is, are there amps for the speakers or anything like that with my stock sound system. In my Mustang Bullitt I have a Mach 460 sound system and with that system you cannot just change out a head unit since each speaker has its own amp. It sounds worse with an aftermarket then the stock. Will the Jeep be the same way?

3. Instead of going and buying an aftermarket radio, would another stock Jeep Radio that is capable of the Ipod adapter work and would it sound just as good as the RBQ unit that is in the Jeep now....if it will sound as good, what would be a good unit to keep an eye out for?

Thanks for any help. Why does this junk have to be so complicated. Most people would be happy with a 6-disc but I am a bit spoiled I guess and have not used a CD in over 6 years since I bought my first IPod back in 2005.

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 1st thing I did when I bought my Jeep, on day 2, was rip out the stock deck and replace it with a kenwood, cd/dvd(for mp3s)/mp3/usb(+apple crap)/bluetooth.

Other then splicing, I believe, the blue wire, with the amp's remote turn-on lead, I haven't had any problems.

It sounds 100000000 times better then the stock head unit! The stock deck was muddy sounding, and the high's where horrible.

If you really want to stick with a stock deck, one of the single disc, or CD+tape deck units, should be compatible with the ipod kits, they just plug in to the changer port on the back.

RenegadeBullitt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online