Stock height but stiffer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title says I'm looking for a stock height spring for my rear that may be a little stiffer. I don't know if anyone has used a grand Cherokee spring, wrangler, durrango, or whatever. I am about to put an oem Monroe on the front and have put oem shocks in the rear, I've got a decent size stereo in the trunk and do some decent trailering every once in a while and just want a little extra firmness without airbags or spending hundreds on aftermarket springs. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are stock? EMU are 170 or so and you know what you are getting rate wise.

Why not airbags? Best there is to get a little stiffer and weight carrying when you need it.

Do it right the first time, or do it wrong a couple times IMHO :)

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don't feel like messing with it much since I will always have my system in I would just like to keep it a little firmer, although the one's at $170 isn't too bad, I may have to look into those in the future. I know all about do it right the first time, but I've been to 3 junk yards in 2 days and saw many grand Cherokees and just had a wild hunch that one person out there has used their rear springs. I didn't look close enough to tell if it was possible, just a random thought, oh, and a fraction of the price of ome as I'm not trying to spend too much $ right now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Only one way to do it and do it right, Grand Cherokee won't work, unless you do some re-engineering .
New stock springs / and the Monroe Sensa Trac coil over shocks for a two wheel drive 99-04 Dakota should work

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done the airlift rear bags(ones that go inside of the coil) in my tj and loved them. They can be aired up individually to compensate for uneven load, or both evenly. They were fairly inexpensive, and didn't require oba. I ran some pretty ********* trails and never had a problem, and they didn't affect offroad capability. Besides ome coils, thay would be the runner up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online