Still having heater problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIA_02Liberty

Reaction score
Alright so last night I posted on installing my thermostat and what not. Today, I come with some more dilema on my 2002 KJ 3.7L V6. Well, the thermostat was changed, the water pump was changed, system was flushed and I still don't have any heat when I place it to heater. All I get is some luke warm air. On the control panel, all four speeds work, tested each and every position and they all work as upon switching positions I hear the flap opening and closing so I know its not the blower resistor. Reservior/Tank have sufficient coolant. No overheating at all. Too much freon in the system? I dont know what else to look for. Please help me figure this out its driving me nuts!

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible plugged heater core is what i'm guessing. haven't looked at the setup on my Libby yet, but is it possible to disconnect the heater core lines and try to flush with a hose to see if water goes in one line and comes out the return line? that would be a good indication of blockage or not.

how high does your temp guage get to when it's warm? if it wasn't for the fact you changed your t-stat, i would've said it was stuck open.

also, only other idea is can it be possible that you have air stuck in the heater core and therefore not circulating coolant? just some thoughts.