Steiger Performance Window Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)

Yup the kits by Steiger are highly recommend by the KJ community. Go for it!(biggthumpup)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I feel sorry for you folks with the newer regulator design. I'm not going to say what year mine is ('03) or how many miles it has on it (enough) but so far I have had zero problems with the regulators on mine (and hopefully it doesn't read this and decide it wants attention).

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't had any problems with my window regulators, and by looking at the multi vin report, neither did the previous owner. *knocks on wood*

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I haven't had any problems with my window regulators, and by looking at the multi vin report, neither did the previous owner. *knocks on wood*

Got em all boarded up with plywood, eh.........

:D

j/k

Dave

sksurfs

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for all the info guys. I have thought long and hard bout the wood brace idea but am a huge fan of rolling down the windows especially when it is 64 in the middle of January.

Wally

Reaction score
So I have an 07 and the rear passenger regulator just took a dump. I am looking at this as a possible replacement instead of what MOPAR has to offer. I was just wondering if anyone has used this or knows anything about it.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?SP13005

Thanks

There was a TSB released a few months ago. I know it covers the '07 models and it replaces the regulators and the glass. I had all 4 replaced on my '07 and have not had an issue since. You may want to start there since it's still under warranty.

maverick7321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a TSB released a few months ago. I know it covers the '07 models and it replaces the regulators and the glass. I had all 4 replaced on my '07 and have not had an issue since. You may want to start there since it's still under warranty.

Do you happen to have the TSB number or know what years it covers?

Wally

Reaction score
Do you happen to have the TSB number or know what years it covers?

I'm sorry, I do not. Let me see if I can get it.
Pulled from Lost:
TSB #2303807 -- WINDOW BIND, STICK, OR CHATTER. *KB (NHTSA ID #10022629, AUGUST 29 2007)

When you talk to Chrysler be aware that the NHTSA number is NOT the same number Chrysler assigns to the TSB that Chrysler sends out to the dealers. I have no idea what the Chrysler number for their TSB is for this problem. I would suggest calling different dealers until you get one that gives you the Chrysler TSB number and then go back to the dealership you are dealing with and give them the Chrysler TSB. Better yet, find a better dealer that is not trying to duck this problem if they are not too far from where you are.

From what I can tell, 06 and 07 are covered.

Last edited: