Steering problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sammy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this.. I have a 05 jeep liberty with a 2inch lift, I have noticed that if my jeep is in park and I turn the steering wheel left and right there is a nocking sound in the steering wheel... I can feel it if I hold the inner tie rod.. I tried to take off and replace inner tie rod but the rod on the inside of rack turns with the tie rod.. Any help would be great..

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this.. I have a 05 jeep liberty with a 2inch lift, I have noticed that if my jeep is in park and I turn the steering wheel left and right there is a nocking sound in the steering wheel... I can feel it if I hold the inner tie rod.. I tried to take off and replace inner tie rod but the rod on the inside of rack turns with the tie rod.. Any help would be great..
Many of the OE inner tie rod ends do spin when trying to remove, I have had to resort to doing some welds on them to have a good way of putting a wrench on them to remove
Are you sure that it is an inner tie rod end ?

Sammy

Reaction score
I am sorry it's not the inner tie rod, the rod that comes out of rack and pinion spin's when trying to remove inner tie rod.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes
have you removed the boot ?
Remove that and you can see where you need to put a small weld to have something to grab on to

Latest posts

Members online