Starting the mods on my Libby

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LexMex

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm kinda new at the forum, haven't posted much yet, but have seen A LOT of the threads and have helped me a lot to start changing my precious KJ for good, thanks for that.

I got my KJ 2 months ago, it is a 2003 Silver Sport 4x2 with 26k miles on it and I LOVE IT so much already !!!!! Too bad it's not a 4x4 but it is still fun enough for me. \:D/

I have already changed the original cassette stereo for an brand new OEM CD unit that I got on an Ebay like page here in Mexico. Right now I just returned from a business trip to Juarez and El Paso, TX and got some new additions for my KJ:

- Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs - Will install them this afternoon
- Audiovox XM Xpress reciever - Will wait until saturday for proper wiring, but the How-To thread on a Sirius reciever has given me the right track to follow (I'm amazed of the good signal quality from the satellite I'm getting in my city, which is located on mid-Mexico) SHOCKED.gif

I have also ordered today in a local store a set of Weathertech Floor Liners and Cargo Liner, they will arrive maybe tomorrow. The only complain I have is that they only could get the Floor Liners in black while I wanted them in Tan. The Cargo will be Tan and no black was available for it. I hope it doesn't look bad with the different colors on the passenger against cargo areas :-k

Future mods can be:
- Rear light guards (they sell a very nice metal ones locally)
- Fog light kit
- Bull bar or rock rails

I'm glad to be part of this nice forum, hope to post more often =D>

LexMex

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome ! wavey.gif

I installed the Silverstars and the antenna for the XM yesterday. The headlights look like a charm and the reception for XM here in Guadalajara is good enough, probably will have to get the USA Spec interface for the stereo since the FM transmitter sometimes is a little noisy (but hapily not enough to mess the overall sound). Will make the rest of the XM hard installation tomorrow eek2dance.gif