SS Braided Brake Hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackBetty

Reaction score
So I a in the process of finalizing my 3" front and rear lift on the KJ, and of course my dad has to say "so why didn't you upgrade to SS bradded hoses?" :oops:

Of course I jumped on Google and the forums after working on the Jeep that day and found a lot of information about upgrading the brake lines. I believe JBA makes a kit and there is another company that I had seen bounced around. I cannot seem to find the JBS kit on their website or anywhere else. Is this kit discontinued, or possible to order somewhere else? Is the JBA kit even the best kit, or is there some other kit that both upgrades the lines and extends them that I could go with?

Advice from the KJ elders would be much appreciated!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA does not carry them any longer ( braided stainless steel lines )
You do not need extended brake lines but SS lines are just another good upgrade
like the JBA upper control arms which you should get
what lift are you going to run ?

BlackBetty

Reaction score
LOL yeah I meant to type "braided".

The parts jeep that I picked up had the budget lift from Rocky Road Outfitters. I am running the GR2 heavy duty front Sturt, extended bump stop, RRO KJ control arms, & strut top extender. This should be roughly 3 inches of lift.

In the rear I upgraded to new full-heigh springs and 3" doetsh tech shocks.

In the future, I will upgrade the front struts to the OME heavy duty set to account for an ARB once I find a used one or pony up for a new one.

That stinks that the JBA is no longer made. Well even if I don't need to extend, I would still like the benefits go braided lines. I hear some people report a firmer feeling pedal.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Goodridge makes a variety of stock and extended ss brainded lines for the KJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL yeah I meant to type "braided".

The parts jeep that I picked up had the budget lift from Rocky Road Outfitters. I am running the GR2 heavy duty front Sturt, extended bump stop, RRO KJ control arms, & strut top extender. This should be roughly 3 inches of lift.

In the rear I upgraded to new full-heigh springs and 3" doetsh tech shocks.

In the future, I will upgrade the front struts to the OME heavy duty set to account for an ARB once I find a used one or pony up for a new one.

That stinks that the JBA is no longer made. Well even if I don't need to extend, I would still like the benefits go braided lines. I hear some people report a firmer feeling pedal.
If going ARB you will need real lift in front not those RRO stuff , doesn't matter if you have HD shocks, it will beat them to death
Go 927 OME springs in front at least for the ARB, with a winch go 790s