squeek squak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok this problem has been going on for about a year now and i'm tired of ignoring the noise. Everytime the rear end flexes there is this creaking noise; even when i pull up in the driveway or go down a bumpy road slow.The lower control arm that were on my KJ, when i bought it, are aftermarket. They are the adjustable ones. I think it might be them or the joint that is on top of the triangle thing above the rear diff( i don't know the name) So, would that joint above the diff cause that kind of noise or the control arm?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It can at times, seen a couple make noise when worn out, a couple that did not. Can you have someone flex the suspension while you're under it to see where it is coming from?

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not until 2 weeks cause I'm in Germany and the KJ is in the states, but i remember being able to grab the roof rails and rock the Jeep and hearing the creeping noise down low. Its real noticeable inside the Jeep also

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the stock springs and shocks?
Mine does it a bit too..I think it is the spring base or top.
Try taking some silicone spray and get it into the spring areas and see if it stops.
Then you will know..if u need to try other areas like the tri-link ball joint areas after that.
Also make sure bolts are tight on shocks.

Last edited:

jafstl38

Reaction score
Betcha anything its your sway bar bushings, anytime the weather drops below 70 degress these get pissy and start a racket! You just need to slap some grease on them and bolt them back up! 10 mins tops.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no sway bar in the rear so that puts that out. I recently put OME springs on about 2 months ago so no stock springs. This noise has been occurring for over a year and i have sprayed everything down there, even the triangle link and control arms with grease and lube and noise still persists. I'll check the bolts on my shocks as soon as i get home to rule that out also

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
He means the swaybar links for the front swaybar. They are a huge cause of noises if not tightened, or in variable weather conditions.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you post up a photo of the after market REAR control arms?

BEECHPILOT

Reaction score
I had the same experience with my KJ I just purchased….While up on the rack changing my fluids, I hit every rubber mounting surface and moving part from the front to the rear (sound was in the rear)with Penetrating fluid and the noise went away. I’ve done this on a previous vehicle I owned and it seemed to last for a year or two.

Last edited: