Squeaky Windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJcleveland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a terrible squeak coming from my rear windows primarily when I rol them up. I've tried spraying silicone spray on the felt and the rubber, but it just makes it worse. It is relatively embarrassing in the parking lots as it is very loud. I rarely use AC so I'd like to try an solve this problem once and for all. Anyone have any luck trying to fix this? Surely I can't be the only one suffering from the same problem.

Thanks in advance!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only ever squeak after I get mud all over the Jeep. Something might be stuck in there somewhere. Take the door apart and check? That's about all the knowledge I got.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got mudd in the tracks a couple of times and got squeeks and funny noises. I used "Sil-Glyde" lubricating compound. It has a NAPA blue label on it. It is a NAPA brand. Supposed to eliminate squeeks and not be runny and greasy. It seemed to work but I had to use it a couple of times. Maybe I was missing "the spot"?

Also used "Jig-A-Loo" all purpose lubricant that comes in a bright orange spray can and I have seen it at auto parts stores. It's a non-greasy lubricant.

Those are the only 2 things I tried. They are both ok. Not sure if there is something better?

Dave

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did that before the window regulators went out. I just stopped using them until my idiot friend hit the button on accident after weeks of me telling him not to touch them. No fun when the window drops on you in rainy season in Florida...