squeaking in front drivers wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently noticed à loud squeaking comming from My drivers front wheel. It only does it when warm. I'm stumped! Any ideas?

eradicator006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the squeak go away or change when you apply the brakes? if so, could be a sticking brake caliper. I had that happen with mine. Took the dealer a while to figure it out.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that cause its way worse in 4x4. Does that sound like à cv? I was thinking maybe it was à u joint.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok now we are getting somewhere. No u-joint on front drive shaft. Only CVs. Me and dude had same problem last week. Go under jeep with a flashlight and look at the t-case side of the front drive shaft. See if the boot is torn or not.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of front to back movement not much side to side. Sound like a drive shaft cv? Where can i get the parts to fix her up?

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also i believe that there are Two cv joints. One on the front of shaft by diff and one on the backwards side towards the t case. Neither appear to be torn which is what bothers me. Is there supposed to be any front to back movement? I Just had the drivers cv/axel replaced too so it cant be that.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but can someone tell me the signs to look for so I can track down this problem? I'm not used to this type of setup and really can't tell what the prob is.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you check the lug nuts and studs. Have you jacked up the front end and turned the wheels by hand. If you drive down the road slowly and turn the wheel back and forth does the sound change.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sound change, lugs are good, brand new cv axles, brand new calipers pads and rotors. Tell me If I'm wrong, but it almost had to be the drive shaft cv or à bad t case. How do i tell what the Prob is? Gotta get it all fixed up so i can run a few spring trail rides.

The IVIinority

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i Finally got à chance to put her up on the lift today. There is no boot on the tcase side of the shaft and the cv joint appears to be all dry and dusty. does this sound like i nees à new cv?