springing sprung springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to open this thread back up, but I ordered OME 2926 front springs, 6069 shocks for the rear, Bilstein front shocks, and OME 2947 rear springs. Everything has come in except for the rear springs, and I cannot get any estimate from ARB or the part dealer about when they will be available. I'm sick of storing these car parts in my tiny apartment, and its been 3 months already since I placed the orders. Long story short, can I use the Iron Man 1.5 inch rear springs with the 6069s shocks and the rest of the parts listed above? I know the Iron Man springs aren't as high quality as the Old Man Emu springs, but I want to get this project done already. Can you provide any insight Tommudd?
Just FYI - My OME 'light' 945 rear springs gave me a solid 2-2.25" over stock. I can't imagine what the heavy will do. IMO, just grab what springs are currently available. That said, I think you might feel (in the seat) the rear springs more than the front so the ride quality is probably more influenced by the rear spring selection. They're fairly easy to change out, so if you don't like them, change them later.

Rasfetch

Reaction score
Just FYI - My OME 'light' 945 rear springs gave me a solid 2-2.25" over stock. I can't imagine what the heavy will do. IMO, just grab what springs are currently available. That said, I think you might feel (in the seat) the rear springs more than the front so the ride quality is probably more influenced by the rear spring selection. They're fairly easy to change out, so if you don't like them, change them later.
Can you use 945s for the Liberty? I haven't seen anyone recently using the 945 springs for the KJ. Everywhere I look states that the 945s are for WJs.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake: meant 947. So that means you also ordered the light rear springs. The rears were also the hold up on my order. According to arb, the only difference between the 947 and 948 is 25lbs/inch. So probably not a significant rate increase. And you can get the 948 easily. I like the light rears but maybe the mediums would be fine

Latest posts

Members online