Spring break non-sense!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, tires look extra wide.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the front speakers in the Green Jeep. Replaced them with the rear speakers out of my Jeep. I ended up cracking the drivers side door panel so if anyone knows where I could get one I would be much obliged. Its a 94 Laredo, not a sport so it doesnt have the carpet on the top of the door.

Looks just like the passenger side panel but its the drivers side. Didnt get a pic of the crack since I dont want to stare at it. Thought of using super glue but that never ends good(and it turns white). Guess thats what I get for doing this when its cold.. :(

Anyway, pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

Drivers side wasnt AS bad:

Sounds pretty good for what it is.

Last edited:

2003KJ

Reaction score
Gotta give you props for workin on it outside in the snow.....first thing I would have done was drove it around the block and got the engine good and warm...then pulled it in the garage, waited for the engine to warm the garage...THEN tackle the project.

Oh, and I found the Hella's at wally world for $60 today....you probably didn't notice them because they're in a much bigger box than the one you see in your auto parts store.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they have the same covers though?

Advance here at home had them for $50 but I didnt like the covers. Those things are $10 a pop too.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Did they have the same covers though?

Advance here at home had them for $50 but I didnt like the covers. Those things are $10 a pop too.

Nope they had the other covers..... but they wouldn't have bothered me. I was throwin around the idea of grabbin a set today too...might have to swing back by tomorrow and get them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today was a nice day! Was sunny and around 55F this morning but got a little cooler and rained alittle this evening.

Things done:

-Washed+waxed 94 Grand
-Washed+wax 06 Grand
-Changed ****** fluid+filter in 94 Grand

I was worried it would start raining while I had wax on the hemi so I waxed it in the garage... Didnt get any good pics of it..

After wash but before wax and dressing on plastic:

After wax and dressing:

And of course, rain pics! This new NXTv2 beads pretty good!!

Waxing the hemi in the garage:

Had to include kitty:

Not looking good for the 94 Grands ******.. Its been a good one:

Used a little over 5 quarts of this:

Plans for tomorrow:

-Wash+wax my Jeep
-Prep+paint mounts for hellas and wire those. Ill probably wait till wed to put them back on to allow the paint to dry overnight.
-Clean K&N

KITTY:

Last edited:

2003KJ

Reaction score
Man...you're weather is about as bad as ours.....3" of snow one day, two days later and it's almost 60 degrees....dont ya love it?

Oh, and how many miles do yall have on the ole ZJ? Those ******'s aren't known for going too much above about 150K or so.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
163,700. I read about alot of people having toubles out of them but I think it comes down to weather or not they had a ****** cooler. This one came stock with both a cooler in the radiator and a big cooler infront of the condenser. There is a guy over on Jeepsunlimited that replied to a thread I made(with the above pics of the pan) and he said he had 225k on his stock 42RE.

The thing that really ticks me off, the Owners manual in that Jeep calls for Dexron but now Dexron is known to kill those trannies. Guess what weve always used? Thats right, DEXRON! I dropped the pan which changes around half of the fluid and put ATF+4 in it which is what they recommend for it now. Hopefully we will get a few more k's out of it. Its going to be towing a little something something we picked up which is why I wanted to change the ****** fluid. :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
163,700. I read about alot of people having toubles out of them but I think it comes down to weather or not they had a ****** cooler. This one came stock with both a cooler in the radiator and a big cooler infront of the condenser. There is a guy over on Jeepsunlimited that replied to a thread I made(with the above pics of the pan) and he said he had 225k on his stock 42RE.

The thing that really ticks me off, the Owners manual in that Jeep calls for Dexron but now Dexron is known to kill those trannies. Guess what weve always used? Thats right, DEXRON! I dropped the pan which changes around half of the fluid and put ATF+4 in it which is what they recommend for it now. Hopefully we will get a few more k's out of it. Its going to be towing a little something something we picked up which is why I wanted to change the ****** fluid. :)

Yeah Chrysler was funny about putting that kind of info in their owners manuals....I think they did something a little odd w/ the XJ's for a couple of years....or something.....something is sticking out in my mind along the same lines.

And whats this "little something something"?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
The 42RE isn't picky about transmission fluid. It's not related to the A604 / UltraDrive based transmission. The 42RE behind the 4.0L in the Grand Cherokee is related to the TorqueFlite.

But still, dump ATF+4 in there.

Wow that ZJ Grand Cherokee looks good...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats some hope marlon. Everyone on Jeepsunlimited is saying the Jeep should blow up since I used Dexron.

You ever read anything about it being bad to mix Dexron and ATF+4? They all say it wont mix but its just ****** fluid, not oil and water. Im tired of working on that Jeep so Im not going to take the ****** line off and buy $50 of ****** fluid to flush it.

Its a pop-up tim.

Last edited:

2003KJ

Reaction score
You ever read anything about it being bad to mid Dexron and ATF+4? They all say it wont mix but its just ****** fluid, no oil and water. Im tired of working on that Jeep so Im not going to take the ****** line off and buy $50 of ****** fluid to flush it.

I dont know, i've always heard that using one where the other was called wasn't good....personally I would have stuck with the Dexron since thats what the owners manual called for....but at the same time you've read that it's bad for them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know, i've always heard that using one where the other was called wasn't good....personally I would have stuck with the Dexron since thats what the owners manual called for....but at the same time you've read that it's bad for them.

I was thinking the same thing till I read this:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html

That doesnt tell me why its been doing fine since we put dexron in it at 30k though. :rolleyes:

If you are still wondering Dave(idk where that thread went), the bright light wire is Green with a brown stripe, black was common, and blue was dim lights. This is on the drivers side of my 04 so it may vary with side(I didnt look) and year.

The middle was common with one side being bright and the other side being dim.

Got everything done I wanted but I didnt get the lights fully wired. Got to run out and get some butt connectors tomorrow..

Just washed+waxed, I just dont have time to clay, clean, and polish...

Before:

After:

Painted the light brackets but didnt get any pics.

Tomorrow:

-Finish wiring lights(gotta pick up some connectors)
-Mount lights
-Maybe detail the pop up! Never detailed one of those things so thats going to be new.
-Install some air suspension in the back of the Green Grand. Thing sags something awful with that pop up hooked up and that was unloaded. I believe it has a 300lb tongue weight so the 14 year old springs are not up to the task. Air bags are a cheap and quick fix since it wont be around much longer.

Edit: Thanks tony. It really feels good coming home from school back to the mountains/hills. Everything is FLAT at school. :(

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
lol. Chrysler printed Dexron in their owners manuals and on the dipsticks for several years.... even for some cars that used the A-Sick-O-Four, which is NOT compatible with Dexron.

That right there started the horror stories and experiences with Chrysler transmissions.

Reaction score
what size ift is on your car?

(biggthumpup) very clean

I was thinking the same thing till I read this:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html

That doesnt tell me why its been doing fine since we put dexron in it at 30k though. :rolleyes:

If you are still wondering Dave(idk where that thread went), the bright light wire is Green with a brown stripe, black was common, and blue was dim lights. This is on the drivers side of my 04 so it may vary with side(I didnt look) and year.

The middle was common with one side being bright and the other side being dim.

Got everything done I wanted but I didnt get the lights fully wired. Got to run out and get some butt connectors tomorrow..

Just washed+waxed, I just dont have time to clay, clean, and polish...

Before:

After:

Painted the light brackets but didnt get any pics.

Tomorrow:

-Finish wiring lights(gotta pick up some connectors)
-Mount lights
-Maybe detail the pop up! Never detailed one of those things so thats going to be new.
-Install some air suspension in the back of the Green Grand. Thing sags something awful with that pop up hooked up and that was unloaded. I believe it has a 300lb tongue weight so the 14 year old springs are not up to the task. Air bags are a cheap and quick fix since it wont be around much longer.

Edit: Thanks tony. It really feels good coming home from school back to the mountains/hills. Everything is FLAT at school. :(

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air bags installed(check out that stock shock):

No pressure in bags:

30psi in bags:

-washed camper but wasnt up to waxing it. This is just to big.

-Finished wiring up hellas and got them installed.

Tomorrow:

Going hiking at Red River Gorge. :D