Sport models with sunroofs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many sport model liberty's come with sunroofs? The silver one i went down to look at just happend to have a 6 cd changer and a sunroof with it, hopefully this week i can close the deal on it and have myself a loaded 03 silver liberty sport. The dealer is trying to tell me how rare it is to have these options on the sport models so they are being a little hesistant on the price, grrr lol. They wont go lower then $15,700 and its been on their lot for 90 days. The thing drives like brand new and looks new in and out, under carriage has no scrapes or dings under it so it doesnt look to be taken off the pavement....ever.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, almost $16,000? Regardless of the supposed "rare" options, if it's sitting on a lot for over 3 months, it's a dog. Obviously they should realize that if they can't move it off their lot, than the price is too high.
Not knowing everything on it, besides it's sunroof and 6-disc, KBB only shows "high" value for excellent condition at $12,500.

Seal the deal by setting a final price and handing it to them and walk away.
They just think they have you on the "got to buy it" hook. If they already have your phone number I would stop showing an interest in it...they always call back with a better price. And besides, someway or another, they're making a payment on it every month to the bank. I'll bet money they didn't give $10,000 to the previous owner for it.

On a more positive note, it does sound like a good looking Liberty.

Stay strong! Don't get suckered paying into paying too much...they are counting on it. Of course with new cars aside, you shouldn't be upside down in equity in when you purchase a used car and drive it off the lot.

Good luck-:)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Cars for some odd reason STILL cost lots more over there. Makes no sense, but still, he wants too much money. How about reminding him that he's trying to sell a 4.. possibly 5 year old (depending on build date) vehicle and there's no way you're forking out $15k.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They showed me the paper work they had on it, he is telling me that they put in $15,750 to that vehicle. It had been on their lot for 89 days, but after what they gave the people for the trade in and their detailing they put in that much and will let it go and split even just to get it off the lot but wow, they must have got ripped off then! But no me and my father just walked out and said forget it then, im hoping to hear back in a few days because i really do want that liberty and i got someone to buy my car in 3 days lol. Yes in canada vehicles are always more, regardless after converting the money over. But i dont think it is THAT much more, if they really did pay that much for the vehicle then they will have to take a loss on it if they ever want to get rid of it or they will just have to keep lowering their price more and more.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, if the salesman thinks it's such a good deal for a *rare* Liberty Sport then maybe suggest that HE buy it - wonder how long he'll whistle that tune :p And as for private sales, I saw a a 3-4 year old GC down here the other night that had a $17,000+ price on it as a private sale. I thought to myself 'Heck, for that much I could get into a nice KJ'. I looked at the GC's when I was looking for a new vehicle but just couldn't talk myself into one. Just as well since I love my KJ :D :D :D

Good luck with your search and don't worry, you're Liberty is out there waiting for you!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the sunroof is an $800 or so option. Not sure about the 6 disc cd. But that probably came with the "premium" sound system or whatever they call it. When it was new that probably added $1,000 (probably more) to the price for both options. I don't know what that would translate into used. Just thinking out loud here.

Dave

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To give you guys a better idea of the price of liberty's down where i live i am going to post all the craigslist ads and the autotrader ads. Because i will never get a liberty for as low as some of you guys got yours, its just not possible where i live unfortunately. So if you guys could look these over and think of a fair price i can offer them on this sport that be great.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/search/car?query=liberty&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&addTwo=

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/...0&mph=false&rentalOnly=false&pricedOnly=false

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To give you guys a better idea of the price of liberty's down where i live i am going to post all the craigslist ads and the autotrader ads. Because i will never get a liberty for as low as some of you guys got yours, its just not possible where i live unfortunately. So if you guys could look these over and think of a fair price i can offer them on this sport that be great.

http://vancouver.craigslist.org/search/car?query=liberty&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max&addTwo=

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/...0&mph=false&rentalOnly=false&pricedOnly=false

Have to admit, I have no idea why Liberties are so much bigger bucks in BC versus, say, the Ontario area. I know your economy is fairly strong right now but sheesh.

To give you an example of pricing difference.

Ontario- Fairly low mileage looks clean, a 2004

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details...bcategory=201&CAT=2&ADID=6278555&ADS=6278555|

And here's a good looking 2002 for more money in the BC area?

http://www.canadatrader.com/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=29011346&pgno=1&srt=7

Might be a stupid question, as I haven't a clue, but can you buy a vehicle in the US and drive it over...say Seattle area, or would you have to pay some major import tax?

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bc one you shown there has 156k on it. I dont want that high when im paying that much for a car. Also i was wondering the same thing about bringing in a vehicle from the U.S. I am not sure on what boarder fees i would be charged though, but at this rate, i may have to look into that since it seems to be a lot cheaper. I know i will have a few extra fees and have to have it bc inspected and air cared here so it may not turn out to be cheaper when its all said and done.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My CRD Sport and the other Limited CRD in the lot at the time had sunroofs and 6 CD changers on them. I'm in the Pac N.W. USA. Have seen maybe a dozen others the last few years, but most don't have the sunroof. Really like mine, it's big and I see so much more great scenery when you can also look up.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats why i really want this one because this is the only sport i found with a sunroof on it and i prefer the sport models so then i dont feel as bad if i scratch it compared to a loaded limited or something lol.

2003KJ

Reaction score
They're not too terribly popular on Sports....but with that said, mine has one...and it was the one thing that I wanted the most and i'm happy I could have it on a sport model.....that and fogs.

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sport has fog lights and sunroof. The only thing a limited has it OTIS, Leather, and power seats. Its an option and the only reason it isn't that popular is because those people willing to spend 800 dollars on a sunroof don't mind paying for the rest of the luxury package.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to give them a call on tuesday to see if they are willing to work out a deal and we will go from there, at the moment there isnt really much out there that i like and when an 18 year old is forking out this type of cash, he is picky about what he buys.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 04 Limited from new on a 4 year lease (every single option except ABS) which expires next summer. The time line is very similar for your 03, so that should make your pricing similar to what my buyout will be next year. My buyout will be just a few dollars over $15,000 (CAD). Now take into account that a Sport is originally much cheaper than a Limited and you're probably looking at around $12,000 or maybe as high as $13,000 (CAD). Anything more than that and it's time to walk away.

If this dealer made a mistake and paid too much when they got this vehicle, don't let them make their problems your problems. Forget what was shown already on paper, go in with what you want to pay and walk away if they want too much.