Spicer U-joints???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly another bad NAPA remanned cv. Do you think this is bad? It doesn't move much but it does seem to have a clunk coming from the CV joint itself.

badcv - YouTube

What do you think?

This will be the second NAPA remanned I've gone through. in less than a year.

The driver side is solid as ever.

Last edited:

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
The Rev was right (for my problem) ... brand new unbalanced Duratracs. Vibes are completely gone now! Phew

Thanks Mudd :D

EDIT: Doh! Spoke to soon ... I forgot the back end was loaded down :( . It does seem to have lessened even more ... but it's still there.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You all need to talk to them nicely. Mine gives me some reasons not to smile at times, but I just remind her how much she means to me. Remind her how I have waxed her, changed her fluids all the time and overall ran her rough like she likes it at times. Guess what she has no vibes and runs quite nicely down the road :dogpile:

GYPSY400

Reaction score
I just did the rear driveshaft today on my liberty.. had a pretty good vibration from 45-50mph.. gone by 55mph.. this all started after my lift was installed.. and recently started feeling a vibration on decelleraration at 45mph
The U Joints were still tight!! Upon disassembly i found the front ujoint was SEIZED on one axis.

BTW the spicer greaseable U joint is 5-153X on both ends.. alot of parts stores were quoting me 2 parts numbers saying that they are different u joints on the same shaft.. this is not the case for my 2006..

GYPSY400

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I just did the rear driveshaft today on my liberty.. had a pretty good vibration from 45-50mph.. gone by 55mph.. this all started after my lift was installed.. and recently started feeling a vibration on decelleraration at 45mph
The U Joints were still tight!! Upon disassembly i found the front ujoint was SEIZED on one axis.

BTW the spicer greaseable U joint is 5-153X on both ends.. alot of parts stores were quoting me 2 parts numbers saying that they are different u joints on the same shaft.. this is not the case for my 2006..

GYPSY400

Not the case on several of them
My 04s went before 55,000 miles
kept checking them to determine the vibes I was getting
felt tight, so kept looking
one day crawled under her and just happened to touch the rear joint and it was red hot !
Tore it apart and it was rusted almost solid !