Speedometer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a few years ago that when I turn my headlights on, the light behind the speedometer is doing something funny. Basically, when I turn the lights on, the light is faded in one area of the speedometer. At the 50mph area of the speedometer, it appears that no light is there at all (coming from behind the speedometer, I mean).

Sorry for the crappy description. I'm under the influence of cold/flu medication.

I've had only one person try to explain this to me, and explains it like this: "Oh my God, your BCM is going out. Run for your life, we're all gonna die !! Our dealership has replaced at least a bazillion BCM's in 03 Liberties, so yours is going out !! Run while you still can !!"

Naturally, I'm interested in a second opinion :)

:cheers:

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a burned out light bulb.

Yeap. Not sure how to change them out but I have a few like that from time to time. I had mine at a dealer and he said nothing was wrong, lol. Go fig the one time they don't want to **** you on something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmblair78

Reaction score
The light bulb that lights up the temp gauge needle sometimes is out...all I have to do is lightly hit that side of the dash and it comes back on. (banan-hit)Just a tip.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced all mine (9 in all in the instrument cluster). Makes it look brand new. Well worth the $30 in bulbs.