Speedometer question KJ 2006

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a Kj 2006 for my wife. She got in love with one only because has sun roof lol.

Well, it has 35000 miles it being from 2006. I want to know how Can I be sured that this is the real millage? Can a scanner show it?

For this year 2006 , Is there any way you to disconnect the speed sensor so that the odometer stop working?

I have known that 2003 kj has this issue when this sensors is disconnected .....

I'd appreciate any comment

Regards,
Lewis

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I *think* the computer keeps track and will throw an MIL if speed sensor is de-activates.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that, starting in '04 or 05, they started using the ABS wheel speed sensors to determine the speed of the vehicle. So while they could have disconnected those, it's hard to say.

Have you considered getting a CarFax?

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe that, starting in '04 or 05, they started using the ABS wheel speed sensors to determine the speed of the vehicle. So while they could have disconnected those, it's hard to say.

Have you considered getting a CarFax?

I'm located in Venezuela, it doesn't exist over here, the only thing I know if that the ride was a 0 kms importation and driven by a consulated up to Nov 2014 (legally shown on vehicle papers)

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm located in Venezuela, it doesn't exist over here, the only thing I know if that the ride was a 0 kms importation and driven by a consulated up to Nov 2014 (legally shown on vehicle papers)

Didn't even read your location. Ooops! Hope this works out for you.

blackhawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the older models 02-03-04, I was told by a Jeep Forum Venezuela when sensor is disconnected and reconected it keeps showing the last millage before disconnection.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they couldve done that to get more money but if its anything like my 03 kj that only had about 31k on the clock when i got it in 08 the previous owner probably didnt drive much. your best bet is to get as much info as possible about the previous owner

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the older models 02-03-04, I was told by a Jeep Forum Venezuela when sensor is disconnected and reconected it keeps showing the last millage before disconnection.

Yep the early KJs used a sensor on the rear diff but as stated the 2006 uses the ABS sensors on all wheels to work out the speed and traction control, cruise control etc.

So disconnecting the ABS wheel sensors would give you a permanent CEL and no speedo, ABS, cruise control, traction control....not much fun to drive like that for a long time.:shrug:

Members online

No members online now.