Speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep takes 6.5" speakers on all 4 doors. You can buy any quality 6.5" and slap them in. Removing the door panels is pretty too... couple of screws and then pull it off so you can take the door handle bar out of the little plastic tab. The panel will come off after that.

The dash speakers are also a full range speaker ran in parallel to the front door speakers.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the premium sound, (Infinity), you will have amplifiers built on to the front door speakers, this supplies signal to the dash tweeter and the rear door speaker. These speakers run at a less common ohm than typical store bought speakers. Solutions are- buy new factory speakers; search the internet for a guy that sells new rubber surrounds that you repair existing speakers (I did this and it worked great) Or lastly, replace head unit and all speakers. I recently did this because I wanted to upgrade the system. Crutchfield can help.

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, the rear speakers are powered differently than the front. Check your wiring diagram for the factory head unit. When I swapped mine out and added an aftermarket HU, two amps, crossovers, subs, etc... there are seperate wires for the front and rears. The dash and fronts run off the same wires.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good, should be easier to upgrade without the Infinity system.

TexasRock, my comment was based on knowledge of an '02, it had the infinity system. Front door speakers with the amps, the connectors had no less than 8 wires, the amp gave power to the dash, front door and rear door on their respective side. Input was front and rear, output was front, dash, and rear. I think there was also 2 more wires in each connector also, power and ground for the amp. I don't have my wire chart handy.