speaker size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the speaker sizes in the 07 liberty sports all the way around

mikes04kj

Reaction score
i think they are 6.5 in the doors, but not 100% at least the 04's are and i think they are the same.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 1/2" front and back doors and the tweeters in the dash are about 2 1/2" I think(but you won't find any that size to replace em)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weren't they 6 3/4 and you needed bracket to secure widely available 6 1/2.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, the bracket that I used came with the speakers. It's more like an adapter so that it will fit many different vehicles (screw hole locations). without it, there is a small gap but nothing that some dynamat (or accumat from wal-mart...$10) won't fix.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i'm gathering from reading the 6.5's will fit the 6 3/4 spots or am i all confused

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddawg said:
so i'm gathering from reading the 6.5's will fit the 6 3/4 spots or am i all confused

Yes, but consider getting brackets, unless your speakers come with it.
Head over to Crutchfield, they will give you all the info.
6,5 will work fine. 6,75 is stock size.

I have speakers sleeping in the garage, still haven't had time to work on the door panels, they are pain in the neck. Keep us posted as you replace your speakers, and take some pictures. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
tjkj2002 said:
have speakers sleeping in the garage, still haven't had time to work on the door panels, they are pain in the neck.
AHHHHHh,it takes like 2 seconds to get the door panel off,it sounds bad coming off but real easy.

not mine.. Scraped my hand at the corner when it suddenly went in. Then went inside and got my wife's spatula, BROKE THAT in half, after that I pushed the damn thing back in and left it there, that was 3 months ago!!!! ](*,)

I thought it was going to fall apart. Any tricks? lower window first or something? :-#

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, just do it....they've got replacement clips at autozone type places if you break em. Or, just take it somewhere and pay em to install the speakers and if they break something it's their fault.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
it does make it easier to get the panel back on if the window is down

back on, not when removing, right?
I only need to remove the rears, since I will replace the rear, and I don't need to rewire either.

maddawg, oh make sure if you have premium you need to work on them.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
06Liberty said:
it does make it easier to get the panel back on if the window is down

back on, not when removing, right?

yep, doesn't really help that much when removing them. I know those panels are on there pretty good, but if you can get one corner pryed up then it shouldn't been that hard to get the rest....just don't be afraid to pull and yank on it. O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Allright, will be yanking some clips :)
Do you know the gauge of the speaker cables? or any cables will do

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the factory wiring is about 18-20 ga....as far as I know, that'll be fine unless you're gonna use an external amp.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
the factory wiring is about 18-20 ga....as far as I know, that'll be fine unless you're gonna use an external amp.

the reason I asked is because I will try the new speakers by tapping on the old wires first. I will not cut them just yet, because I think they are soldered on, not using the little clips or screws on the rear speakers