Spark plugs question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So whens a good time to change your spark plugs and does anyone have a write up on how to change them for a 3.7 v6......... and I've never done it before so please be easy one me.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is not that difficult of a job. The trickiest part is moving the radiator overflow bottle out of the way temporarily so you can access the pass side rear plugs easier. I just unbolt it and move it up out of the way, only takes a minute and makes lots of extra room. You will need a ratchet, extension and plug socket. You also need a 10mm socket to remove the coils from each plug. Because the plugs are deep in the valve cover, I electrical tape the socket to the extension so it is less likely to come apart from the extension.

Personally I like to do mine around the 20K mile mark as it is cheap insurance that you are still getting a good spark from the plugs. I use Only NGK's and prefer to use the V-Power just like factory. You might get more miles out of the fancier and more expensive platinum or Iridium NGK's.

JJsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, "2005 Black Renegade.... non 4x4 (*****)" 4x2 KJ's Don't suck, they just get helped out more often by 4x4 KJ's. :wink:

Hmmm..no Winking smiley?!?! :-k (Aeh)

adelellily

Reaction score
I'm also looking to do the spark plugs. Are there any pics of their location?