Spark plugs or not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Liberty06

Reaction score
I replaced all 6 plugs with platinum ones..Not too much $ but what Napa had and they seemed really great for about 2000 miles...Even had extra puch in the pedal it seemed...Now the engine feels like they have 20000 miles on them and the little extra is gone..Anyone have any plugs they really like that made a difference...I am ready to pull out the hair I used to have on my head..! Thanks

Sierra Sam:mad:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AP5224 actually

5224?? I don't have any reference to that part number for a KJ.

Edit: Just went and checked again, no 5224 recommended for KJ's on either Rock Auto or Advance Auto Parts. I did some google searching and found reference to the 5224 being used in newer Dodge Durangos and Dakotas.

Edit 2: Went to Autolite's website, it said the 5224 could be used for 05-07 KJ's, not sure why it doesn't come up for 02-04. The only difference between the 3923 and the 5224 is the tip style, is says the 5224 style is Special Power and the 3923 is just Power. I got a new set of 3923's going in my KJ as thats what everyone seems to recommend.

Last edited:

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5224?? I don't have any reference to that part number for a KJ.

Edit: Just went and checked again, no 5224 recommended for KJ's on either Rock Auto or Advance Auto Parts. I did some google searching and found reference to the 5224 being used in newer Dodge Durangos and Dakotas.

Edit 2: Went to Autolite's website, it said the 5224 could be used for 05-07 KJ's, not sure why it doesn't come up for 02-04. The only difference between the 3923 and the 5224 is the tip style, is says the 5224 style is Special Power and the 3923 is just Power. I got a new set of 3923's going in my KJ as thats what everyone seems to recommend.
Chrysler made some changes to the 3.7 in 2005 which probably explains the spark plug switch from 3923 to 5224.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/37.html

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...not another spark plug thread....aaarghhhh.....

:D
At this point, everything seems "another thread of"... And if it's not, soon will be... So lets talk about spark plugs once again!! :D

There isn't Autolite over here, so I'm sticking to the NGK's in MOPAR envelope :D

Cheers! :)

L

lil black liberty

At this point, everything seems "another thread of"... And if it's not, soon will be... So lets talk about spark plugs once again!! :D

There isn't Autolite over here, so I'm sticking to the NGK's in MOPAR envelope :D

I'll send you some.. how many do you need 4 or 6??

Liberty06

Reaction score
Thanks all..experience was what I was looking for...Will give these Autolite Plats a try and put them in first sign of spring.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Alex, but not every week, please...OP:use the search option, there are a gazillion threads about sparks...and oil. :(
OK OK you're right... it's just some days I'm less grumpy about the search thing :D... But IMHO people don't searching it's the N°1 most common problem in any tech forum...

So next time, it would be only a JSTFF or UTFSO rofl2.gif