spark plugs (not what you think)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunkatoa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardest plugs to change, hands down, 7.3 Ford diesel. I can't even find the damn things.:icon_lol::shrug:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
2008 Toyota Sienna 3.5L. I think you have to tilt the engine to get the back three. Had the dealer do it for 400 bucks. Good thing they are 100k plugs. I saw them and they didn't look so bad at 120k.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '81 Chevy Celebrity 2.8L V6 and '92 Chevy Lumina 3.1L V6 were like that. Unbolt the dog struts at the front, use a ratchet strap to the tow hook and crank the engine forward, then cram your hand back there to do the 3 rear plugs and wires.

They sucked.

On the Jeep I unbolt the reservoir and move it out of the way. I don't use swivels or wobblys unless absolutely necessary and it isn't here. This is about the easiest V6 - no, make that the absolute easiest V6 - I've ever done plugs on.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing it this weekend where can i get the ngk plugs is it online only

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you guys think this takes i know i have put 40k on them but i dont know when they were changed before that the gap was about .100

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles do you guys think this takes i know i have put 40k on them but i dont know when they were changed before that the gap was about .100

Looks like about 100k if I had to guess. My plugs with about 80k on them were .075 or so.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAPA has NGKs.
Amazon also has them.

Thanks thats where i got them napa right down the block from my job it was my first time doing these plugs it was pretty easy after reading about it on this forum thanks again

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like about 100k if I had to guess. My plugs with about 80k on them were .075 or so.

Wow i got a nice hike in mpgs i mean i hoped for some due to the nearly .060 gap difference but berfore i would get 13-14city now seems steady 16-17 i will give it some time to see if it stays

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i move the tank over. i dont like the idea of not being dead straight above the plug
when i put pressure on it to remove it. it would suck ass if you broke it off. i never use swivels on plugs.

Yea I did it last weekend easy job even for a jr wrench turner like myself move the tank as much as it will move which isn't much and get right on top of the last plug easy

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm...I've never had an issue getting mine out back there. I wonder if my coolant isn't in the right spot lol

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try changing an 82 Lexus. 6 plugs. 6 hours. Much blood.
Those are about a 60-90min job tops.

You want a plug change that will make you want to kill yourself try doing a F body Camaro with the 5.7.

6 plugs take you like 10mins and the very back 2 will take you over 5 hours(for a experienced tech,10+ for 1st timers).

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F body plugs, been there done that, yes they're a lot of fun. I also had an LT1 Vette, and that one was a cake walk, as removing the inner fender panels lets you reach straight in without much contortions. All while sitting nice and comfy on the front tire!

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are about a 60-90min job tops.

You want a plug change that will make you want to kill yourself try doing a F body Camaro with the 5.7.

6 plugs take you like 10mins and the very back 2 will take you over 5 hours(for a experienced tech,10+ for 1st timers).

LOL! All original wires, connectors, vacum hoses. Service manual said to remove intake manifold. All that crap would have busted. Very brittle.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah.....try changing the plugs in a 65 mustang, but with a FE 427. Gotta un bolt the motor, take off the hood, and lift the engine out of the bay to get to them.

Latest posts

Members online