Sony Walkman Integration Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthologyCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just ordered an RB1 with the Ipod integration kit, and I'm thinking about getting the Mopar subwoofer for my 2003 Limited.

The only reason I'm getting the Ipod integration kit is because I don't listen to CD's ............. only mp3's. I was looking online all day yesterday before ordering the Ipod integration kit bacause I currently own a Sony NW-HD5 mp3 player. I chose it over the Ipod because of a 40hr battery life, and FAR SUPERIOR sound quality.

I got the Ipod integration kit because I wanted to ability to control shuffle and playlists from the Liberty's steering controls. If I can't find a unit that will be compatible with my Sony Walkman, then I will be forced to buy an Ipod and keep it in the car and basically use it as a CD changer.

My question is: Does anyone know of any method that would allow you to have the same functionality with Sony Walkmans? Any aftermarket kits that I'm unable to find on the internet? I know that there are simple Aux inputs that will allow you to listen to music from any MP3 player ........ and in fact, the Ipod integration kit will allow for that as well. But, I want complete functionality.

Does anyone know if this will work? http://www.ukaudiostore.co.uk/categories.asp?orderBy=0&cID=147&p=

Take a look at the 6th one down on the list

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT BUY AN IPOD!!!

It means they've won another mind over. B******s, I bought one from them and it never worked. I had a friend who went through 3 in a year becaused they broke down.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ENBr said:
DONT BUY AN IPOD!!!

It means they've won another mind over. B******s, I bought one from them and it never worked. I had a friend who went through 3 in a year becaused they broke down.

That is unlucky. I have had an iPod mini for well over a year and I have never had an issue. I also have multiple friends who own one (mini, nano, 30Gig, 60Gig) and none have had a problem that was not quickly resolved. Some things do not work out the best for folks, but that doesn't mean you have to B**** smack "all" iPods. I was planning on buying a iPod 30Gig with video...I'm going to wait until the new ones come out, then the price will be pushed down for the 30Gig's.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
That is unlucky. I have had an iPod mini for well over a year and I have never had an issue. I also have multiple friends who own one (mini, nano, 30Gig, 60Gig) and none have had a problem that was not quickly resolved. Some things do not work out the best for folks, but that doesn't mean you have to B**** smack "all" iPods. I was planning on buying a iPod 30Gig with video...I'm going to wait until the new ones come out, then the price will be pushed down for the 30Gig's.

True, I shouldn't "B**** smack all ipods", but since I haven't had any good experiences with them, so I give my own opinion, as do you. Mine is bad, yours in good, so be it. I most certainly wouldn't recommend them.

liberator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ipods

They are the gold standard for mp3 players .... that is why I got it.... so much aftermarket stuff for it....

Latest posts

Members online