So What Do You Think???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
First off, for those who havent seen it yet, please read this post over on LOST, before reading the following.

Now, to my knowledge, LOST was one of the original KJ only forums around, just based on things i've read over time on the internet. I discovered them around august/september of 2004, and it was not long after, that this site was born, thanks to bennett. After reading those posts, I am somewhat offended by the comments made towards this site. Now don't get me wrong though, I know Wally, Clint, JJ and all the rest of them put in a lot of work to keep LOST runnin nice and smooth and I think they've done a hell of a job and I appreciate the work put in, but hell, we've done alot too!

I've talked with bennett about this post and what his opinions are on it. He told me he'd post his feelings on it later on today (currently busy). I'm most certainly NOT trying to start ANY kind of war here between the two sites, But I would like to hear others responses and thoughts on the subject. Lets try to avoid name bashing and other obscene jestures, because we're better people than that, and its just not necessary.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both of the boards. They both serve different purposes if you ask me. LOST is more off-road oriented while here there is other information.

As far are Skyjump locking the thread. In my opinion it was a little uncalled for, but oh well. I don't think that topic on the lost board was meant to offend anyone or put either board down. Just seems skyjump took offence to it and decided to lock it.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spend my time here, but do post on LOST. I remember before LOST switched servers and software, and it was below par. They have improved their works, but Bennett has always been on top of things to a greater extent. JeepKJ is where I post important questions.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
IMO, if it wasnt for LOST (Old EZB) and yes even JU, KJ country wouldnt be around. having said that, it is unfair to say that we are trying to duplicate LOST. We are a different type of community, sure the subject and the passion remain the same, but LOST is more of a national club, as opposed to us, we're more so on gathering info, and putting it together in a nice package.

LOST has made great strides in making the forums work. EZB was a mess, and everyone knew it. it was still a great place to seek out info, but it was just too furstrating to use. THats where JKJ comes in. A lil over a year ago, bennett, out of boredom, tossed this together, and it has snowballed into a respectable place to gather all things KJ.

This is a small place compared to the likes of LOST and JU, but in a years time, the growth has been phenomenal, and thanks to bennett and everyone else that contributes, it has a greath wealth of potential to become even bigger.

Right now LOST forums works since moving into the new software, but IMO, it's a bit overwhelming for a new owner or what not to seek out a simple answer, and maybe even intimidating for someone new to ask a simple question. Not knocking them, but it's just bad byproduct of growth.....(sometime down the line WE may even have that problem)....

this thread is not not meant to be derogatory in any way, so anyone from LOST reading this, dont take it the wrong way.

and for JKJ members, keep it clean, other wise your post WILL be REMOVED

thanks..

dnm45227

Reaction score
I tried, but was never able to use the lost site. This one is more user friendly (IMO) and anything that can be asked or answered there can be found here.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
I tried, but was never able to use the lost site. This one is more user friendly (IMO) and anything that can be asked or answered there can be found here.

Sorry all, that was my comment over there. I would have replied to clarify what I meant, but they locked it before I got a chance.

I didn't mean to say that there was anything WRONG with LOST, it was clearly the first liberty-specific group formed by branching off jeepsunlimited, and it's great. I was just saying that EZ-Board can't hold a candle to phpbb or vbulletin or a real bulletin board *software*. EZBoard was often slow, had a bad interface, "lost" a lot of forum postings, had a poor search engine, etc. It did it's job, and I'm glad they moved onto a real server. I didn't mean to put down LOST, I love LOST, and now that the forum is on a usable server, I use it more. Because there are so many more people on LOST, that means there are more local people, which means I get to actually go out riding with them :)

This site is a lot smaller and is really just the forum, but because of that, it's easier to find things. A lot of sticky threads make it easy to get information quickly, and the howtos are great. Somebody else started the thread on "other KJ forums out there" and I thought I'd post a couple. I read a lot of different forums, and I don't think it should be as rivalrous as it seems people are making it out to be. These aren't being run to turn a profit, they are just for the love of the jeep, so why can't we all be friends? (Cheers)

uvalax236

Reaction score
I check LOST alot more than I check JKJ. I love both sites but find that JKJ has more "Technical" information on here. When I say Technical, I mean that there is more indepth answers to tech questons.

I also feel that LOST is more of an off-road site but then again, thats why I have a Jeep! I love both sites and have gotten so much more info out of them than from any other Jeep/KJ sites! \:D/

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with Eddo on this. Jon & I were members of L.O.S.T. since inception in 2002. That is a great board and I got alot of great info there, but I found it to be more "wheelin" oriented.

IMO, the guy who posted that is just narrow minded. Variety is the spice of life..no??

And my sexist side believes the girls are prettier here.

No offense to L.O.S.T. They got some cuties there too.

kegjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I check both sites, but i spend most of my time here. I guess I just like the smaller group of people and I know who is a regular poster, not to mention the fact that I found this site first. Both give valuable information which is key, and I also like looking at pics from other people's KJ's in action.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never started with LOST. Started with JU... which is where I did my research (and took some abuse!). LOST was just hard to locate content under it's old software (which has improved, but could still use some reorganization on the discussion areas, IMO).

Bennett just did a nice job planning out this site.

Unlike moderators at JU, I haven't once had to delete a post other then SPAM, lol!

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well, I'm out of this thread for the most part. =P~

Bennett did a great job with the organization of this forum... great URL too. That, believe it or not, goes a long way to the growth of a site.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Glad to see this thread is still going. Keep the responses coming, even if you don't like it, say so. That way we can help to make it a better place for everybody.

I'm most certainly not saying "whose site is better?" or anything like that. I'm all for everybody being friends. Based on what i've seen, KJ people are some of the friendliest jeepers out there, and we need others (new members especially) to see that so they'll wanna join and become part of the best damn Jeep family there ever was!

Se7enLC, Its not your comment that offended me. It was the fact Skyjump said what he wanted to say then locked the thread, allowing nobody else to voice their opinion at all. Yes, I could see that thread maybe getting out of hand, but at the same time, we are all mature people (semi-dysfunctional, as all jeepers tend to be), but all mature. I think things could have stayed sensable.

Again keep the comments coming! \:D/

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Based on what i've seen, KJ people are some of the friendliest jeepers out there

Agree. Everyone is always helpful, and glad to know you own a KJ. (biggrin)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on LOST just after the 2004 Camp Jeep (I had a pamphlet left on my Jeep while at the Hotel). I like the site and I still go to it every so often to check up on things that may not be said here.

However, the navigation seemed really intense and after this site went up I jumped to here. I like the setup of this site, along with the constant increase in traffic. I have been able to find a lot of information, quicker, from this site than back at LOST.

No issues at all against LOST, and I still venture that way from time to time. I just like the ease of use and friendly people that I have been with on this site since the end of 04'.

Thanks Bennett and everyone else who has made this site very user friendly, informative, and fun!!

thx1138

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my KJ (about 1 1/2 months ago), I started looking for forums for info and such. I finally joined here and more recently, the LOST forums. I concur with most of you when I say that the LOST site does seem to lean to off roading more than anything else. Nothing wrong with that, hey we're driving jeeps! I have yet to post there as I've not done any offroading in my KJ.....yet. It is a very informational forum, but I'm like some of you, I've found the banter here refreshing and I also think navigating this forum is more user friendly. I've always lurked at one time or another on different forums to glean info on some of my hardware projects or vehicles and one thing I never could stand was a guy copping an attitude towards others whether they were newbies or had a legit question to ask. I mean, isn't that what forums are all about?....learning, socializing, expanding your friendships along with knowledge? 8-[

(NOTE: When arguing which forum is better than another, some people should remember that there are some jeep purists out there that think KJ's shouldn't be classified as a "true" jeep just to put things into perspective.)

kjk

Reaction score
I can't judge fairly, since I don't read the lost site. Initially I looked there, but I could never find what I was looking for. ](*,) The searching worked so much better here, I was able to answer all my questions without even asking them. Now I'm stuck here \:D/

Thanks again Bennett =D>

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thx1138 said:
(NOTE: When arguing which forum is better than another, some people should remember that there are some jeep purists out there that think KJ's shouldn't be classified as a "true" jeep just to put things into perspective.)

Not to hijack the thread, but I don't know how much longer that "KJs aren't real jeeps" can last....the big reasoning behind the KJ not being accepted was the IFS, but now both the GC and the commander sport an IFS

So I dunno about you, but the Liberty feels a lot more offroadworthy than the new grand cherokee SRT8 (even the normal GCs are more SUV than jeep, now). All the purists have left are their wranglers:
You must be registered for see images

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found LOST first, then came across this site about a week later. I am fairly active on both boards (143 posts here, 152 on LOST) and enjoy the contrast between the two. One thing I will say for LOST is that I have met some incredibly cool people to go wheeling with. Yes, LOST does tend toward the owner who wants to test the abilities of their KJ, and this site leans a bit more toward the technical side of things. I have learned much from both sites and hope both continue for many years to come.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Se7enLC said:
thx1138 said:

Not to hijack the thread, but I don't know how much longer that "KJs aren't real jeeps" can last....the big reasoning behind the KJ not being accepted was the IFS, but now both the GC and the commander sport an IFS

So I dunno about you, but the Liberty feels a lot more offroadworthy than the new grand cherokee SRT8 (even the normal GCs are more SUV than jeep, now). All the purists have left are their wranglers:

Agree. KJ makes a nice trail vehicle. Plenty of room, and doesn't break the bank to buy one.