So remember some people had bj flipped on jba a-arm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone still have it flipped and not have a problem yet? I have new balljoints from jba and I thought of that.

Example:
You must be registered for see images attach

Picture of new ball joint from jba:
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NOT a good idea and no reason to do it
Swap it back the back the way it is suppose to go

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Is the first pic the wrong way or the right way?

He/ they / whoever has it mounted wrong
Never seen anyone do it , although some thought it would give them more movement or something ??????

Last edited:

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For clarification, yes its mounted wrong way. Mount plate goes on top of uca. I've seen a couple posts thats done it to minimize the spring/uca contact.

I've heard of some who's done it over on lostjeeps. I've seen a picture of diy ball joint spacer on facebook, but I already know how you feel about facebook Tom.

I need to start taking notes. I think I already know an answer to this.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For clarification, yes its mounted wrong way. Mount plate goes on top of uca. I've seen a couple posts thats done it to minimize the spring/uca contact.

I've heard of some who's done it over on lostjeeps. I've seen a picture of diy ball joint spacer on facebook, but I already know how you feel about facebook Tom.

I need to start taking notes. I think I already know an answer to this.

Problem with fakebook is you have a bunch of kids who just bought their first 4x4 who think they know everything there is to know in the world. Back when I was their age I listened to guys my age ( now ) and took notes and followed what works. You try to help and all you get are smart a** remarks back. So yes I have a very dim view of most on fakebook.
BUT lots of others do as well, get on any 4x4 site and read what the oldtimers write.
Yes some GM owners run a bracket/ spacer, actually helped a buddy install a set on his GM product type pick me up, also was there to help replace parts after it broke.
But hey nots not my ride!:happy175:
I know what, why and how things are manufactured when you start using them in ways that are different then things happen.
But again go for it and let me know what happens in the next 100,000 miles :gr_grin:
( you see those people doing it never go that far, maybe 1000. )

Oh and are any of them that were doing it on LOST still around............:Bye:

Last edited:

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He/ they / whoever has it mounted wrong
Never seen anyone do it , although some thought it would give them more movement or something ??????

Ok good. I was wondering for a second if that was the correct way and that's why my jeep is still sitting lower than it should lol

mikejeepstarternoob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks on trying this out. I won't do it.

I already have an answer, if I wanted less spring contact, I'd go custom coilovers like jba. (Cuz, narrower spring) It looks like I overthought what was a simple solution. Crazy extent I overthink sometimes.

Plus, I DON'T plan on disappearing from this forum trying to prove something lol

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
No thanks on trying this out. I won't do it.

I already have an answer, if I wanted less spring contact, I'd go custom coilovers like jba. (Cuz, narrower spring) It looks like I overthought what was a simple solution. Crazy extent I overthink sometimes.

Plus, I DON'T plan on disappearing from this forum trying to prove something lol

We really dislike people leaving here that way ...................:emotions34::happy175::happy175:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.