So is this thing lifted already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4drmopar

Reaction score
I saw this browsing online and to me, it looks tall for a stock KJ...2" lift maybe??
You must be registered for see images

4drmopar

Reaction score
yeah, I was thinking so, and that would definitly save some money and time! :) its an 02 with V6 and 113,000 miles.... talked them down to $6700 plus taxes title and tags... trying hard for $6700 on the road....

4drmopar

Reaction score
Dunno, I am gonna go see it tomorrow on my day off beforeI waste half a day driving an hour plus each way to look at a lifted XJ on moabs.....what od I look for on the lift? whats good? whats bad??

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dunno, I am gonna go see it tomorrow on my day off beforeI waste half a day driving an hour plus each way to look at a lifted XJ on moabs.....what od I look for on the lift? whats good? whats bad??
Spacer lifts = bad,full coil lifts = good.If it's got a spacer lift plan on replacing it soon with a full coil lift and new struts/shocks since spacer lifts are junk and accelerate coil sag and makes the ride very rough,if it's a OTT(Over The Top) spacer lift in the front they kill front struts unless extended bumpstops are used.

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take pictures and report back! If it appears to have only springs holding the jeep up that is a good sign. If there are a myriad of other poly/aluminum/conduit nut spacers someone may have gone the budget boost route and could lead to problems down the road

EDIT: Darn you tjkj, beat me to it.

4drmopar

Reaction score
hey, i appreciate the fast responses... I am gonna look tomorow and take a few pics. The over the top front spacer lifts are pretty similar to what the Ram 1500 trucks use I THINK.... It wasn't horrible when I did my old Ram like that... but yeah,bumpstops are important.... what about the rear?? what do I look for there?

fire717

Reaction score
Interesting find..though not an expert, it looks like a sport model with fog lights(these were not std were they?) also looks to have the 17" rims I have on my 03" limited. They look chrome..are they??

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the same wheels my 03' has, also mine came with fogs stock as well...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4drmopar, if you find the fogs to be a little passe, take 'em out and send them to me!! I'll stuff them into the ARB bumper and s***-can the plastic doohickeys. I can't find a set of in-bumper fogs for the life of me around here.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
looks like stock rims 16 inch not chrome same as came on my 04 Sport, also mine came with fog lights as well

and some spacers lifts may work on other models but not well at all on Libertys