So...how many of you offroad your kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how many of you guys use your daily driver KJ as an offroader from time to time? Also how does it hold up? Of course, the father who talks with his friends with the tj's and yj's think the KJ can not do anything offroading or it will just break. I tell him how wrong he is but he knows all he thinks...i showed him some videos but he still thinks they must break down lots after all the "abuse". So guys, lets hear how your KJ holds up!

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I use mine as a DD and I do go off-road. I'd say for having 76K on the clock it is doing just fine. I do need to get my front end aligned, but other than that it's just jeepin' right along:

You must be registered for see images attach

'Nuf said...

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tell your little friends to go on home and play nicely. :D

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once or twice a month i go play offroad , my KJ is a DD ond its holding up fine

SE+QLD+KJ+Run+225.jpg

SE+QLD+KJ+Run+107.jpg

Camp+Coffs+2006+096.jpg

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Yip.

I will NEVER do this again though... I HATE MUD!!!!!!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much guys, the pics help out greatly too just to prove more. Im still on my very long search for a nice libby.

Gont

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice pics indeed! I just got mine and I cant wait till I get some time off to take it back home out of the city:D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pic's. There are some dirt roads around and some lead to old logging roads and I use them. Also a NY State forrest with 4wd access to fishing and primitive camping areas and old fire towers. Nothing too radical as mine is a DD and not lifted. It is holding up well.

Dave

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mine as a daily driver, and will go offroading once in a while. My father in law has a cabin in Central Pa near Lockhaven, and only an old logging road gets there (nice scenic offroad drive for me there). I put my skid plates and tow hooks on, and am going to camp jeep next week to get a little dirty (I've been waiting for this event since I registered 2 months ago...) Sorry, no pics for ya yet.....gimme a week.....;)

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I could ask the same question of them. How many of the Wranglers on the road "really" see offroad? I see an awful lot of stockers and mall crawlers with pristine wheels and mud tires. Not a lick of mud, scrapes or puckerbush pinstriping.
I see none of them pulling boats, horse/stock trailers, hay/utility trailers in the fields like my KJ CRD.
Last summer offroading in the hot weather I ended up with a full load of women in my air conditioned rig after the topless rigs started frying their riders to a crisp. Same with the XJs that were also there.
Love my rig, it's been as reliable as a hammer, and gives 1/2 ton trucks a run for their money when it comes to pulling a load and on about half the fuel.
Have been around Jeeps since my old man bought the first one, a new 1957 FC pickup when I was a youngster, have owned 5 Jeeps. Would I go back to those rigs and their road/towing manners? Not on your life.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's apparent that KJ's have been taken off-road by the pics. Now, the million dollar question - What issues have you had? What's broken? What's worn out? Let's be objective people - I have a feeling you'll see that these have held up well and that further supports the case :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's apparent that KJ's have been taken off-road by the pics. Now, the million dollar question - What issues have you had? What's broken? What's worn out? Let's be objective people - I have a feeling you'll see that these have held up well and that further supports the case :)
Zero problems with mine,and I beat my junk up in the mountains of Colorado.Granted rockcrawling will lead to early front suspension bushing replacement,but got to expect rubber bushings not to last when they are abused.Besides the normal stuff(wear items like hoses,brakes,tires,and so on) no problems so far.

indieaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a daily driver...it only sees offroad use about 3-4 times per year unfortunately. I don't generally take *too* serious of trails since i have no lift and no skids yet :(

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No major issues (knock on wood). Upgraded stuff though after failing certain hill climbs and/or trails. I did have my electrical system act wacky but that was not due to off-road, it was after I let the KJ sit for a week out in the US PARK lot at the airport.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues to date, other that taillight bulbs burning out. (Not offroad related issue)

Last edited: