So how do you fix the hvac blend door problem? Difficult?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dee696

Reaction score
it's the brown piece with 2 hose going under the hood....got to remove everything to go there,and the switch take 1min whene u are there...
and 4-5 hour putting back togheter all the dash...

jeepguy4276

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's the brown piece with 2 hose going under the hood....got to remove everything to go there,and the switch take 1min whene u are there...
and 4-5 hour putting back togheter all the dash...

So you don't need to actually remove the hvac box then? It looks like the core just snaps in. Looks like you also cut a hole in the hvac box to try and figure out the problem. It matches mine.

trailbound

Reaction score
Good Luck with the project. My friend and I just replaced his heater core this past Saturday on his 99 f-150. We started at 8a.m. and finished at 10p.m. Only breaks were for lunch, dinner and 3 trips to the parts store so the project took us 10 hours. I also just did the recerc door on my 06 Ram 1500. Luckily I was able to go through the glove box and blower fan opening in the HVAC box.

lothars

Reaction score
i have a 2010 jeep liberty sport ,last winter we have a big problem,no hot air in the floor,but defrost and front are perfect, this weekend i try to check (and fix) this problem i remove the cover under the steering wheel and i remove the blend door actuator (up) this jeep have two,one on the botton is for heat/cold and the second (up) is for the defrost,front,botton i remove this one (up) and y try to move the blen doors whit my fingers and i have hot air just defrost and front but just a little bit on the floor almost nothing,we try with anoter blend door actuator(from another 2010 jeep) and nothing no hot air on the floor,i feel the blend doors (up) are broken because they are very loosy,i ask to a chrysler mechanic and he told me this are dual blend doors and i need to remplace the housing distribuitor (dual blend doors) and i need to remove the dash