snowboards on the roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI_Egabrag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well it's almost that time again. what time you ask? well almost time to go and use the jeep for what i bought it for...the northeast winters. so anyway to get back to the topic it seems that some friends would like to go on some snowboarding trips this season and considering the fact that i have the ONLY 4x4 i get to carry them. so what i am asking is anyone have any recommendations of rooftop carriers for 4 snowboards? i removed the stock renegade roof carrier because of the DRAG it was creating on the highway (i drive 30 miles one way to work almost everyday) so i just have the roof bars left. thanks in advance

VTjeepguy

Reaction score
go with Thule. they are the best...

im not sure of parts i have, but i have the 4 pair ski carrier, 52"? cross bars and no idea of the feet, but they are great. i got mine at wholesale, so it helped quite a bit...

oh, you will also need lock cylinders, which are pricey...

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 48" Yakima bars with Lowrider clamps on standard sidebars. I use the clamshell Yakima board rack which will take two boards side by side or 4 sandwiched.

N / A

Reaction score
VTjeepguy said:
go with Thule. they are the best...

im not sure of parts i have, but i have the 4 pair ski carrier, 52"? cross bars and no idea of the feet, but they are great. i got mine at wholesale, so it helped quite a bit...

oh, you will also need lock cylinders, which are pricey...

go with Yakima, they have round bars unlike Thules square bars. Overtime the square bars can sag, the round one won't

Latest posts

Members online