Snowboard rack - tire mount?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK well I did the obligatory search for this but couldn't find what I needed.

Im gonna cave and buy a snowboard rack because i've had enough of scratching up my interior with sharp edges.

Im looking preferably for a tire mounted snowboard rack, but all I can find are bike racks.

And it seems theres a bike rack that can be converted into a snowboard rack, seen here: http://www.orsracksdirect.com/thule-spare-me-spare-tire-mount-bike-rack-963.html

But Im wondering if any of you folks know of a rack designed for just snowboards on the spare tire.

:-k

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many snowboards do you want to carry?

One company that comes to mind off the top of my head is Thule. search for some of their products, they make various units, from mounting on the tire like you mentioned, to hitch units, and roof units. They might have something that you are looking for.

Seanpr123

Reaction score
In order to use that rack does the libby need crossbars?

Never looked into this before but seems really practical.

alpnst

Reaction score
I'd go with Yakima. For the KJ you need a set of Lowriders and Crossbars. I've had mine for over 10 years and when I switch cars I just buy a set of new towers. Or in the case of my WJ to KJ switch there was nothing to buy. I have the Big Powderhound(6 skis or 4 boards),4 TLC Saddles(my kayak), 1 Spacecase(for gear or skis and snowboards), 3 Steelheads(mountain bikes), and 1 fairing. In my spacecase I have had 12 pair of skis and 6 snowboards at one time. I used to work for a ski shop so we used to take all the demos when we went riding.

Renegade Flex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

this rack looks like it wont need the crossbars.

im just trying to keep the cost under $200, and all these accessories are adding up.

ps - im looking to carry 2 boards