Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced a repair snowball? This past month has been hell on my backpocket. Do a little simple maintenance such as sparkplugs and fluids in everything that holds fluids and the driveshaft decides it doesn't want to be part of the jeep anymore. Get that replaced and the throwout bearing starts talking at me during shifts, so the whole clutch is pulled out and new parts buttoned up in the Jeep. Now the battery isn't holding a charge anymore so it's off to buy a new one along with oil and wiper blades. Time to get the ol' Liberty ready for winter, and it needs to stop costing more then the kids or it's going to end up in time-out for acting up too much.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. Been there. Mine is behaving itself for the time being, but I recently got off a long stretch of 'little' problems.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not complaining by any means, this is the first time that I've had any kinda of *********** with repairs. The liberty went five years without me having to do anything but fluid changes. One water pump later and it was well behaved until this summer when I replaced the A/C condensor. One trip through some water that the county plow trucks wouldn't cross and the ol' girl is asking for money... Good thing I do my own repairs.

L

lil black liberty

Knock on wood here but you guys seem to have quite a bit of problems with yours..All I can say is follow regular maintenance rules and you shouldn't have any problems.. Also a good rule is when in doubt, check it out or if it ain't broke don't fix it til it is broke.. :D

BrenGun

Reaction score
Yep, that's a pretty typical Jeep experience. Had the same thing happen to me with my TJ this summer. Started out with a new radiator, which led to new heater hoses, clamps, etc... thermostat... Then it was replace the tie rod and you may as well upgrade when you do that. Then I discovered that I needed a new draglink too. Then I had to replace the axleshaft u-joint. Then I found some spare axleshafts on ebay and then I found a new cb on ebay too.... Just happens. Doesn't even have to make any logical sense. :)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Repair ***********........that can happen with any vehicle. But with Jeeps it is "special".......:D

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't sound as bad as other vehicles i have had, don't even get me started on the summer i spent fixing my Neon, ugh...

L

lil black liberty

Doesn't sound as bad as other vehicles i have had, don't even get me started on the summer i spent fixing my Neon, ugh...

Please don't mention the Peon's...god I hated mine..I wanted to put full coverage on it and then have it mysteriously catch on fire...;)

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh, I've owned Neons, two to be exact, a '95 and a '00. Both of them bought off the showroom floor. The 95 had some issues, ended up pulling the engine and rebuilding it but the '00 was rock solid right up to the point we traded it for my wifes 04 grand cherokee.

BrenGun

Reaction score
And you have to look at it this way. Any repair on a jeep is an excuse to upgrade!

Prospect62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a snowball to hit me...I'm just long overdue. Tires, battery, brakes and a frontend that might as well be held together with duct tape...it'll probably all fail at once.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for a snowball to hit me...I'm just long overdue. Tires, battery, brakes and a frontend that might as well be held together with duct tape...it'll probably all fail at once.

it'll hit you like it did with me, normal maintenance and then, "Hey, you don't need that money in your backpocket do you?"

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I was confused clicking on this thread, I thought I was in for something totally different.

Has anyone seen the movie Clerks?laugh.gif

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
it'll hit you like it did with me, normal maintenance and then, "Hey, you don't need that money in your backpocket do you?"

That money in your back pocket was "jeep money"...you just didn't know it until your jeep "picked your pocket"....haha

Dave

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, I was confused clicking on this thread, I thought I was in for something totally different.

Has anyone seen the movie Clerks?laugh.gif

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice the connection, you sir win the Internets today.