Skids from Renegade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to find a Liberty Renegade at a wrecker, peel the skids off it and put them on my 07 sport.

I am assuming that they should fit without modification? Or are there differences over the years so that I would be looking at some mods?

Thanks!

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should fit no problem. If they are installed with the nutzerts you will need that or some other type of grade 8 nuts and bolts to mount them.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They should fit no problem. If they are installed with the nutzerts you will need that or some other type of grade 8 nuts and bolts to mount them.

Thanks Cardhu!

(Cheers)

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If they are from a 45RFE ****** you might have to drill a few holes. No biggie though!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for used you can try this place - I've purchased several items from Davey: DaveysJeeps.com Scroll down about a third of the way - the Libby skid plates are there.

You can also buy them new for your '07 - they aren't that expensive. All of them come with NutZerts to attach them to your Jeep. Check out this site: WeRMopar.com. Do a search for accessories for your year, then go to the "Exterior" category and then click on Skid Plates. I've purchased a number of items from them too - fast turnaround.

FYI: There is a slight difference in the transmission skid between the '02-'04's and the '05s and later. Nothing that will impact the installation for you as there is more clearance provided on the trans skids for the earlier years than is needed on the later models.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for used you can try this place - I've purchased several items from Davey: DaveysJeeps.com Scroll down about a third of the way - the Libby skid plates are there.

You can also buy them new for your '07 - they aren't that expensive. All of them come with NutZerts to attach them to your Jeep. Check out this site: WeRMopar.com. Do a search for accessories for your year, then go to the "Exterior" category and then click on Skid Plates. I've purchased a number of items from them too - fast turnaround.

FYI: There is a slight difference in the transmission skid between the '02-'04's and the '05s and later. Nothing that will impact the installation for you as there is more clearance provided on the trans skids for the earlier years than is needed on the later models.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Canadians get hosed when stuff we order from the US comes over the border...pretty much negates any savings on price.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to specifically look for a renegade model, it is just an appearance package, but most of the time people check the renegade box, then the skid plate package and towing package boxes to...

make sure to look under regular libertys too

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Canadians get hosed when stuff we order from the US comes over the border...pretty much negates any savings on price.

That *****!

Sorry man - I didn't look at your location before I replied. Good luck in your search.

Bob

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered mine through jparts and had them shipped to my friends place in the states for pick up. duty and brokerage blow.

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont have to specifically look for a renegade model, it is just an appearance package, but most of the time people check the renegade box, then the skid plate package and towing package boxes to...

make sure to look under regular libertys too

Yeah good point - it was just another option and not just on Renes...

Red07KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That *****!

Sorry man - I didn't look at your location before I replied. Good luck in your search.

Bob

No problem at all Bob...sometimes a (Canadian) guy can get lucky with certain parts and even with brokerage etc it still can work out to be a better deal in the end...

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Most of the time? Hardly. You'd have better luck finding Sport/Limited models with the off-road and towing packages.

2WD KJ Renegades DO exist. What does that tell you?

jmnetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ I can attest to this - in my search for a Libby I was initially looking for a Renegade, but they were really hard to find in this area. Finally found one, ran to the dealer and took a look under - no skids, no towing, just silly looking fake rivets in the fender flares.

Finally found a much better equipped Sport for about the same price.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

This is why we have a P.O. Box in Blain Washington.
We go down usually once a month, spend 2 or 3 plus days in the U.S. and pick things up duty free.
(useful link for all you Canadians: bsf5056: I Declare )

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
LMAO .. I love this sentence ...

"Under customs legislation, the CBSA can no longer consider your vehicle, vessel or aircraft to be Canadian-made if you increase its value, improve its condition or have it modified outside Canada."

ie it must remain the piece of junk you left with .... lol

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMAO .. I love this sentence ...

"Under customs legislation, the CBSA can no longer consider your vehicle, vessel or aircraft to be Canadian-made if you increase its value, improve its condition or have it modified outside Canada."

ie it must remain the piece of junk you left with .... lol

everything is emergency repairs or parts... If you stick with that line, you just pay duty on parts over your allowance.

CCRA / Homeland security has taken away my limes for my corona but they haven't messed with me when you declare what you've done to get home or parts to put on later.

Even paying duty, its almost always cheaper.