skids for 06 kj

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure I should get some skids before I hit a rock, stump, fat cat, etc.. and puncture a hole in something containing fluid. I found the mopar skids at jparts for $350 shipped ($69 to ship it all) to me at 95136. Do any of you have some laying around that you want to part with for less? I am going to try and find some at local wreckers, but don't expect to find much if anything.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, guys. While I would love the rustys, I think the mopar will be good enough for me since I am not going to be going crazy and staying away from rocks (they scare me nervous.gif).
My local dealer has the transfer case and trans skid (mopar, of course) for about $43 each and the fuel tank for just under $100 and the front suspension for roughly $65.

Should I just get the mopar from my dealer or wait it out for people to upgrade and hope shipping isn't gonna be too high? (which is why I am not jumping on the rustys skid from jsc7002, though it is a fine product)

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rustys from me is only $65 shipped which is really only about $20 more, which to me it would be worth it but I like strength. I personally wouldnt want the front mopar skid unless it was from an 02 bc they were pretty strong.