Skid Row ****** skid pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm mounting the mopar ****** skid plate today and noticed it leaves a lot exposed under the vehicle. Does anyone have a picture of the skid row ****** skid mounted under their vehicle? I would like to see how well it protects underneath. Specifically i would like to see how well it protects the driveshaft.

Last edited:

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've already looked for pictures. None show what i want to know and that is how well it protects the DS vulnerable areas like the dust boots. I can see from pictures it is wider and could potentially work but there isn't a good pic with it mounted.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. It looks like it does offer more protection. At least better than the mopar one.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. It looks like it does offer more protection. At least better than the mopar one.
Mine took a brutal beating while on my KJ.Did bend it twice after some rather large hits directly to it,just bent it enough for the exhuast pipe to rattle on it and make a nasty noise,still far away from the ****** pan.Took it off and propped it on a rock at drove on it then beat it with a 10lbs sledge to get it un-bent.

phxtoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bashed mine enough to bend it up into the exhaust as well a few times. Also, eventually (with fun abuse) the front bolts spacers will push up into the hollow frame rails (creating dimples) so now I need extra spacers so as to clear the exhaust. Otherwise it's stout. Gotta love the protection.
________
FORD WIKI

Last edited: