Sirius

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have the factory-installed Sirius radio? If so, how do you like it? Does the radio give information like song title and artist like those after-market ones do?

And, this is a long shot, does the factory Siruis radio play a CD of MP3s?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MP3s

I know the OEM $1500 naviagation radio will play an MP3 CD, but you can't get Sirius AND navigation from the factory (and, I don't want the extra $1500 added to my bill).

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
i thought the rb1's and rb4's were sirius ready....
RB1 NAVIGATION RADIO SYSTEM

The factory-installed RB1 Navigation Radio system is housed in the center of the dashboard.

The 4.2-inch full-color display features AM/FM stereo, CD player and navigation system in one unit. Utilizing voice prompts, the system guides the user through the drive route, mile-by-mile, turn-by-turn until the final destination is reached. Destinations can be entered into the system eight different ways and the screen can be viewed as a detailed map or enlarged to be viewed turn-by-turn. When coupled with SIRIUS Satellite Radio, the stream listing, stream category, song title and artist can be viewed on the system's display screen.

http://scoop.daimlerchrysler.com/special_tech_infotainment_navigation.shtml

u can always get it later on....jparts has the rb4 listed at under 1200 and the reciever is about 120 i think over there too, installation i also heard wasnt that hard

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I guess I read the website wrong. If you choose the navigation option, the Sirius option gets greyed-out (unselectable). I just assumed they weren't available together.

Oh well, I wasn't going to get the $1500 navigation system anyhow.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
it is quite pricey, but it seems like it's worth it. they worked out a few kinks on the rb4's...the unit itself is made by alpine....

IMHO a nice built in nav unit in the dash is better than having one sticking out...tho wont be as usefull if u have 2 vehicles

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it would have been nice, but I can't justify a $1,500 "luxury" in this vehicle. Perhaps in my next.

Anyone have the OEM navigation system? Do you like it?

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have the factory radio with 6-cd changer and sirius. the display is only 1 line and shows only sirius station info, not song info or game scores like the nav unit or aftermarket sirius units. i havent tried an mp3 cd in there yet, will give it atry and post a report. there was no suggestion from jeep that this radio would play mp3's, so i'm not confident it will

acbafam

Reaction score
RB1-Vs.-RB4

From what the D/C guy I spoke with said only the RB1 works w/Sirius.
RB4 is the choice for an 05 so that's why it is grey'd out the Sirius option.
but he also added you can still buy the RB1 and have the stock sirius work through it...

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RB1 that I removed from my Durango, and Sirius, the RB1 displays the song title and artist, as well as station info, etc, I can not answer the MP3 question, I have never tried, but I have read on other forums that the MP3's wont play on the RB1, the draw back is that you cannot play a cd and use the nav at the same time, it's either or, I have often wondered why the ordering page does not allow one to order the RB1 with Sirius, perhaps because of the problem that I and others have occasionally, when starting the vehicle there may be a sound distortion that many have called static on the sat stations, turning the vehicle off and restrting clears the problem, my occurences are very rare, but they do happen.

Bob

Prairie Dog

Reaction score
Ours came with the Sirius radio, not a navigation system. We love it, especially since the first year is free. Don't listen to local radio except for local news & weather. You just go to Sirius like you would choose AM or FM. You can program up to 12 Sirius stations just like AM and FM also.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go aftermarket, it's a TON cheaper.

Alpine deck: $150 (plays CD, MP3 CD)
Sirius/XM changer adapter $100

The alpine deck can natively control the Sirius adapter like it was a CD changer, so that means display, menus, options, etc.

( Also - don't mind the shameless plug, but you can get $20 off your first order from cruchfield if you get somebody's referral code, PM me for details. Crutchfield includes ALL installation wiring and hardware for free, along with easy instructions. )