Sirius + Aux In?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried searching to see if this question was covered but couldn't find any answers. Is there anyway to get Aux-In alongside factory Sirius or is it one or the other?

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about those modules that "fool" the radio into thinking a CD changer is present.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Sirius in my kj and I bought the rf modulator and it works great. It connect through the antenna wire. It send a direct feed on fm channel without static. Everything came to $40. You need the fm modulator and the antenna adapters. I've been using for 6 months. Let me know if your interested. I'll post the links. I can't post them right now because I'm on my iPod and not my laptop.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, when I installed my RF adapter I didn't need any special adapters for the antenna line. I posted about this in another thread, I'll go find it and post a link here in a few minutes...

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the answer to my question is you need the PIE X-3, which goes between the radio and the Sirius unit. Haven't gotten it yet, it was backordered from the placed I ordered it from, so I'll let you guy's know how its works in a few weeks.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, when I installed my RF adapter I didn't need any special adapters for the antenna line. I posted about this in another thread, I'll go find it and post a link here in a few minutes...

I don't think the early kj stock radios needed the adapters. I think 04 or 05 and up need them.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here's what I found when I went out to look in my mother's '05:

Pull up the trim at the bottom of the door (green outline) and remove the passenger side kick panel (yellow)
You must be registered for see images attach

Next remove the two screws indicated

Then pull the plastic panel down. You'll see a long metal junction in the antenna cable

You can separate these two sections. Plug the green half into the FM modulator and plug the wire with a similar end from the modulator into the yellow half

Now run the thin connector wire up to your Sirius radio and you're ready to go. This is the same method I used to attach the modulator to the stereo in my '03.

Vtolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I did mine I bought a FM Modulator and then had to get a Standard Antenna Adapter too go from the male dodge end too the end on the modulator and then another one too go from the modulator back down too a dodge female end too make it all work. All together the whole thing cost me about 50 bucks.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, here's what I found when I went out to look in my mother's '05:

Pull up the trim at the bottom of the door (green outline) and remove the passenger side kick panel (yellow)

Next remove the two screws indicated

Then pull the plastic panel down. You'll see a long metal junction in the antenna cable

You can separate these two sections. Plug the green half into the FM modulator and plug the wire with a similar end from the modulator into the yellow half

Now run the thin connector wire up to your Sirius radio and you're ready to go. This is the same method I used to attach the modulator to the stereo in my '03.

I did all my connecting directly behind the stero, I didnt even have a clue about the connection underneath the Dash. If I knew about that connection It would have saved me $20 bucks.

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I just did this in my '05 Sport for my Sirius. Worked like a charm, never could have done it without the diagrams. Thanks for the tutorial!

Powers978

Reaction score
so heres a couples stupid questions, but what exactly is a RF Module, Will I still be able to use my radio, and does is the imput a standard 3.5mm jack.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so heres a couples stupid questions, but what exactly is a RF Module, Will I still be able to use my radio, and does is the imput a standard 3.5mm jack.
RF Module = translates the signal from the satellite radio into a standard FM signal so that your radio can decode it. Yes you'll still be able to use your standard radio and CD player; the RF module is only active when it receives a signal from the sat radio (when the sat radio is turned on).

On the input it does have a male connector, I believe it is a 3.5mm (standard headphone size). I'll check it today and get back to you.