Silent Armors on Ice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KYLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have to give some praise to my Silent Armors that are starting out their 4th winter. In just FT4WD, the Jeep easily climbs my steep driveway while covered in a solid sheet of wet ice. I can only get across the driveway by hanging onto the brushguard. My neighbor just saw me drive up it like it was nothing and was amazed considering her Nissan can't make it up her driveway that only has half the incline mine does.:hail:

Now if I can just keep all the idiots out there from sliding into me.

Does anyone know if the new DuraTracs do as well in icy conditions? This is going to be the last winter for these tires and I'm trying to decide between another set of SA's or if I should move to the DT's.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I ran the Duratrac's last winter in all kinds of conditions. Winter before that I had the BFG A/Ts and I went places with the Duratracs in two wheel drive that needed 4 wheel with the BFGs
So I like mine a lot, have over 20,000 and they are wearing great.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I also will praise the Wrangler Silent Armors. A few weeks ago we had some real icy/slushy conditions here. Going down a slope and having to turn, I thought there was no way it would do it. Surprise! Completed the turn and got traction, like the road way was summer.
When I first bought these tires, I was so impressed with the overall fuel mileage and lack of road noise. Kevlar belted, I ran over a glass bottle at night on the freeway and immediately pulled over expecting the worse. Could not believe I did not have a flat, or even a scratch that I could find.
The Strong Silent Type!
38379[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

When The Weather Plays A Different Tune....GoodYear Silent Armor's Bring You Home Safely!
38381[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Self Cleaning Treads, snow doesn't stick in grooves as well.

Attachments

• GoodYearSilentArmor1.jpg
    GoodYearSilentArmor1.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PlaysADifferentTune.jpg
    PlaysADifferentTune.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I love mine as well ... You know they have good traction when in Part Time, in a corner, in full snow pack the KJ still wants to bind a little. Stopping from 40-50 kph is ridiculously fast. All of the roads to my house are snow covered then ice packed from Nov. through to spring. I have never been stuck despite running through packed snow higher than the undercarriage. I don't do a lot of snow shovelling :D and we have a yearly avg. of 10 ft.

I knew at least they (GY) thought they had a good tire... if they are willing to come and get me when I'm in an off-road situation for free if the tire fails. First time I have ever seen a warranty like that.