2002 Renegade moisture/fog on inside of front glass. 221K miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 jeeps

Reaction score
Granddaughters jeep has moisture inside cab, on windows. Nothing I can feel wet on carpet, nothing leaking under jeep to ground. My son says there still is a little wet spot on the drive in cold early mornings?
Coolant was only less than 1/2 gallon low. Been fighting water issues on other fronts saying 1/2 gallon doesn't seem like a lot? Radiator drain plug has blown out twice. Lower radiator hose leaked at clamp.
All I can guess is the heater core leaking? Other makes would have some trace of moisture on carpet? Moisture reappears after wiping off few times. Temp here are 32 degrees when checked.
Do not see a definitive answer on how to prove the heater core is leaking? Doesn't appear easy to access to check
Does the entire dash need to be removed to access the ac/heater box for removal?
I have the 2003 factory manual, on line, that someone had posted here, in the past. Thanks
If I plan to unhook the coolant lines, temporally, I think I should install a loop? Other than plugging both lines.
Input on heater cores to use or not use?
Just thought, she complains the heater never get real hot? Maybe something to do with slight leak never lets the system pressurize ?
TIA

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any sweet, syrupy smell in the cabin, especially when the heat is on? I know the old standby ethylene glycol gives off a smell like that, though not sure about the HOAT version Libs usually have in them.

2 jeeps

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
Currently have car checking out problems. I have pressurized the cooling system to 16 lbs, yesterday. Solved a few leaks at hose clamps. Pressure is still at 14lbs today.
Not sure what the problem was with the fogging windows? Has only happened one time they said?
On to other things, i have the rear axles out. Will report on progress.

Latest posts

Members online