side mirrors moving very slooooooowwwwww

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
side mirrors are powered so when i flick the switch for the left or right side the mirrors move incredibly slow, do i have to get a new switch or is that a wiring problem or even a fuse problem?

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
... slower than usual or slower than other vehicles? They are not all that fast to begin with.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will they move the full range of motion? could be something stuck back there. my friends vw had a wasps nest built in side the mirror shell

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my friend has a liberty as well n his moves 100 times faster than mine, mine probably moves at a cm per 5 seconds

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure how you split the shell but you could try to clean the motor with electric parts cleaner and lithium grease for the moving parts

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As it sounds both mirrors move slow I would check the switch as it can get wet when the door is opened or the window down in the rain and snow and corrode the contacts. If you know how to jump out and bypass the switch you can test the motors. Might want to check the voltage to the switch at the same time.

Doublecardan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my passenger side, slow and sometimes it would not move at all, I sprayed some Krown into it and tried it, it went a little faster, not much but then I checked with RockAuto and found out that they sold them for 37 dollars for the assembly, heated as well which I did not have, Presto bought them, and now they work fast and heat up well, best 75 dollars I have ever spent.