shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
if i get new shocks while i'm at stock height, when i get a lift will i have to change them? and is the rock father lift better than the frankenlift? what lift, no matter the cost, is the best you can buy?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
franken lift is one of the most widely used lifts with awesome customer back-up so why not go with something thats tried and true?

I personally didnt want the amount of lift that it gave so I pieced together my own lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I would stay away from the Rock Father it maybe OK but they are not at all good to deal with. In order of what I would say is best down
1. Frankenlift
2. OME springs and OME shock/struts
3. OME springs and Rancho RSX springs and shocks
4. Daystar lift
5. I guess throw Rustys full spring in there
and what ever others you want to add

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont recommend rocky road and ive only heard a few good things about skyjacker. Its usually not a bad idea to use products that have been proven to be good.

Two of those products are Rancho and OME. I picked OME and will probably never buy another brand of suspension unless Im going bigger(another jeep).

Pablo

Reaction score
For a 2.5 lift-- I feel that the Frankenlift is the best. If you want a 4 inch, there is Jeepin By Al's. Not as tested, however.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i get new shocks while i'm at stock height, when i get a lift will i have to change them? and is the rock father lift better than the frankenlift? what lift, no matter the cost, is the best you can buy?
Yes you will have to buy new rear shocks.

The most tested and complete lift is the Frankinlift with Al's UCA's,make sure you get Al's UCA's---about $1400 all together.

The best lift is a SFA swap.

Reaction score
ok so looks like frankenlift. um so if i wanted to get it piece by piece could i like buy some shocks and install them then get springs and bumpstops and install them?

Reaction score
ok so putting shocks on first isnt to smart. did you mean the daystar spacer kit? also if you get new springs wont something else have to be swapped out? like control arms or struts?

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why dont you just wait and do nothing to the Jeep. Save up the money and do it all at once and dont worry about it.

Tony, the OME 132(not 132L) shocks are about the same length as the stock rear shocks. Same with the front shocks. :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
what about skyjacker and the rough country lifts?

just a few run Skyjacker and Rough Country DO NOT EVEN GO THERE bad company no support. You have been given list after list of what works and what doe not. Bite the bullet and go with whats the best not some cheap off brand junk or an OTT