shocks/struts/springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I said I was sorry the first time...kiss.gif
I just overlooked the UCA on the Libbys when I decided to dispute you.....sad2.gif I'll go sit in the corner now :D

For two days, tell your wife no Honey Do lists since you've been bad and have to sit in the corner;)

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff thanks.

Attachments

• site survery 010.jpg
    site survery 010.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 20

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
DJSKJ

You do know of course that getting light duty OME 925 springs will just be like installing the stockers back on. They are rated at 350 lbs, stockers are in the 300/320 range so will not give you much more of a firmer ride like you mentioned you wanted. Well it will be from the worn out stockers but.....
Also OME shocks are real soft I think, JeepinbyAl can still get Ranchos RSX line if you are lifting some , much better ride
If I wanted minimal lift but firmer ride, better handeling etc I would go for the OME 926s which are the mediums, with Ranchos and have a slight lift but an upgraded suspension. You would love it I bet!

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys. If I go with the OME 926 will Al's A arms work or should I just go stock? I thought I read Al's will only work with a 2.5" lift and the 926 gives a 1.5" lift. I figure since I am tearing it apart I might as well replace ball joints and A arms too.

DJ

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
late I know
we ran the OME med. duty coils all around with Rancho strut/shock thingies on the front
and OME shocks on the rear
this was my wifes DD for 40K miles
it road GREAT on and off road
even after 40K it could still clear 245/75's on OE wheels but we had 255/70's which also cleared
she did not want a lift but from when we dropped it off to when we picked it up
we gained 2.5" and after 40K we lost maybe 1/4"
we ran the stock UCA's and the CV's were strait across when parked level ,0* of angle
or no bind

The down side to her was that she could not park in some garages
the up side for her was "my Jeep is bigger than every other KJ and most wranglers ,I love it!"

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I might go this route soon. If you can't fit the Jeep in a place safely....you shouldn't be there in the first place is how I am.

How many miles did it have when you replaced the coils and such?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles did it have when you replaced the coils and such?

I just pulled out my front OME 927 / Rancho set up a few days ago with just over 100,000 miles on it , and its going on another members jeep here in Ohio ! Had switched out the rear last month. Still had a pretty firm ride and was clearing 265-75-16s ;)

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have spacers in the shock mounts

late I know
we ran the OME med. duty coils all around with Rancho strut/shock thingies on the front
and OME shocks on the rear
this was my wifes DD for 40K miles
it road GREAT on and off road
even after 40K it could still clear 245/75's on OE wheels but we had 255/70's which also cleared

Hi,

Trying to decide whether to go OME/shocks or the complete Frankenlift route. Did you have spacers for the coils? I'm leaning to the OME/shocks as opposed to the Frankenlift as the former probably has less stress on the CV joints.

Thanks.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There's a good chance I'll look into lifting it this year...after I do some house work, and then possibly move...

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Trying to decide whether to go OME/shocks or the complete Frankenlift route. Did you have spacers for the coils? I'm leaning to the OME/shocks as opposed to the Frankenlift as the former probably has less stress on the CV joints.

Thanks.

no spacers at all
also no real heavy armor
only thing after market was a trans skid that weighed in at about 50# maybe
the frank will put the center of the front diff higher than the center of the wheels thus putting the CV's at a constant angle ,even when driving strait on flat ground
is this angle bad? I really dont know
is it better for them to be strait? sure
can you fit bigger tires with a frank? not really ,others have done it but i will require more than just lift
it will take things like gears and such
with the OME coils and the proper length rear shocks you need nothing more than the shocks and coils
then you can clear 245/75's on the OE wheels with minor rub at full stuff on the rear