She's getting old and going down hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill try it and see what happens... Got nothin to lose. lol... also; checked my coolant level today, and it's extremely low... no coolant in the return tank, and I haven't quite been able to find a leak anywhere. im gonna look again tomorrow. hopefully it's just a hose or something.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it looks like everything is a separate issue lol. the oil pressure, the misfire and the coolant... just trying to narrow things down so i dont have to do a trial and error kind of fix. The part I need is on it's way to fix the oil problem... I'm down to about to options for the misfire... and now I have to find the leak in the coolant system! It's not like I've let the problems build up; they just seem to hit me all at once.

nwood1976

Reaction score
Seems like there are tons of problems these days...

P0300
P0306
P0522

I know what they mean, but don't know if the 0522 could possibly be causing the others... don't know how the oil works in conjunction to everything else.

Had the P0306 problem about 2 months ago, replaced the fuel injector, ignition coil, and spark plugs. Light went out for quite a while until about 2 weeks ago and then would come back periodically; more so when it sat for about a day and was a little colder outside...

The misfire only happens in idle, no shutter or anything while driving... the jeep sat for about 2 days and I started it up on sunday, and there was like a knocking, only for a couple seconds... turned the engine off... started it again; same thing... off and on again... no knocking.

The engine has never over heated since I have had the car... EVER!

There seems to be a slow drip of water coming from my exhaust pipe regardless of the weather or temp.

Also, heater only works when foot is on the gas pedal... coolant is full. I was having a problem with it not working AT ALL, then added coolant, and it worked for a while... but now I am having this problem and the coolant is still full...

Also, when accelerating I can here a swooshing noise from the engine bay, almost like a swoosh gurgle kinda thing. IT'S WEIRD!

Im starting to loose it with the engine, can't figure it out... just had a baby and don't have the money to be taking it to a mechanic... somebody help please...

I had this same exact problem with my 96 Chevy truck. It ended up being air in the heater core from low fluid. I had the system flushed and refilled and the noise went away and the heater worked fine.

nwood1976

Reaction score
no it looks like everything is a separate issue lol. the oil pressure, the misfire and the coolant... just trying to narrow things down so i dont have to do a trial and error kind of fix. The part I need is on it's way to fix the oil problem... I'm down to about to options for the misfire... and now I have to find the leak in the coolant system! It's not like I've let the problems build up; they just seem to hit me all at once.

Sometimes if there is alot of air in the coolant system, it will prevent the coolant from flowing through the system correctly. This can cause the coolant to heat without being able to cool down in your raditor which can cause some of the water in your coolant mixture to burn off, reducing the overall level in your coolant resevoir.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. I second the last two posts... The first step in a problem with the heat or cooling issues is to check level and bleed any air out.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I haven't done anything with the jeep or even driven it since I started this thread... turned it on yesterday, and there is like a pinging/knocking sound now from the engine; you can feel the ping through the gas pedal... plan on pulling the spark plugs today to inspect them... was trying to get my jeep out for a professional injection cleaning but wasn't about to drive it the way it was running... now I have to get it to a point where I can move it... I know I have to get it up to normal temp to be able to do a compression test, but a little scared to let it run long enough with the way it sounds... not sure if there would be a problem letting it idle long enough to do the test... also picked up synthetic oil and an extended guard filter since I have to pull the filter to install the new sensor... sensor is at the post office but since it's saturday the post office is closed; go figure, just my luck.

So my question is, would it be ok to let the engine idle long enough to heat up so I can do the compression test?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I haven't done anything with the jeep or even driven it since I started this thread... turned it on yesterday, and there is like a pinging/knocking sound now from the engine; you can feel the ping through the gas pedal... plan on pulling the spark plugs today to inspect them... was trying to get my jeep out for a professional injection cleaning but wasn't about to drive it the way it was running... now I have to get it to a point where I can move it... I know I have to get it up to normal temp to be able to do a compression test, but a little scared to let it run long enough with the way it sounds... not sure if there would be a problem letting it idle long enough to do the test... also picked up synthetic oil and an extended guard filter since I have to pull the filter to install the new sensor... sensor is at the post office but since it's saturday the post office is closed; go figure, just my luck.

So my question is, would it be ok to let the engine idle long enough to heat up so I can do the compression test?
I see in your sig that you are running a JET chip,are you running the required premium gas also? If not remove the JET chip and restart and see if the ping is still there.I run a JET chip and mine pings like crazy on the low grade gas.

ShadowedXistence

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see in your sig that you are running a JET chip,are you running the required premium gas also? If not remove the JET chip and restart and see if the ping is still there.I run a JET chip and mine pings like crazy on the low grade gas.

It's a stage 1. I thought only the stage 2 needed premium gas...

Latest posts

Members online