Seen on the news about a recall.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepheep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was watching the news and they said that they were recalling jeeps with the 3.7 and auto trans from 05 do to a fire problem. does anyone else have any info on this ? when i went to the dealer to ask i got the dear in a headlight look.Thanks

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
It's the Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L, (4.7L and 5.7L models not affected) being recalled. The Liberty is not under the recall. Water will get in the transmission causing a fire I believe.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, it is in the Grands..

Water may get in the ****** which may make it overfull which may make it come up the dipstick tube which may make it leak on the exhaust which may cause a fire

The water in the ****** is the serious mechanical issue at the root of the recall, but the Chicken Littles in the media prefer to once again go sensationlist and scream about the very remote possibility of a fire...

2003KJ

Reaction score
Yes it is the new grands, nothing t oworry about on our front. The problem is the water condensation from the air conditioning, rather than draining to the ground, is draining to the transmission, and making its way inside. The water is then purging the fluid, making it come out the dipstick, hitting the hot exhaust, and catching fire. There have been 3 reports of this so far, 2 in Hawaii, and 1 in Washington State, all 3 were from rental cars (where the a/c has been run alot).